Signing up for the TWB Platform email notifications

If your language is not listed as a source/target language on the TWB Platform homepage, this means that there are currently no available tasks for your language.
You can set up email alerts to be notified of new available tasks.

1. Go to ‘Profile’
  2. Scroll down to the Task Stream Notifications section

1. Click on ‘Edit Notifications’ – You will be taken to another page where you will be able to set the frequency of notifications.

1. Choose how often you want to receive notifications: Daily / Weekly / Monthly / Never

2. Click on ‘Submit’

:rotating_light: When translators register to work with TWB, they also agree to the Translator Code of Conduct and commit to deliver the highest standard of professional translations. ​They also commit to only undertake work they are competent to perform in the languages and subject areas for which they are qualified. :rotating_light:

36 Likes

Hello @Lasvega :slight_smile:
You’ll receive an email notification when tasks in your language pairs become available.

9 Likes

hello,
I am not receiving any alert and each time I want to do a task I get the " There are currently no tasks available …" Can someone tell me how to fix this problem please?

10 Likes

Hello @sandra.hamdn :slight_smile:
How often have you signed up to receive email notifications? Maybe you could change the frequency. You can do so in your TWB Platform profile.

2 Likes

Hi,

This is the problem I am facing as well. I wish someone guided me how to fix it as well.

1 Like

Hi @bijerome2012 :wave: Thanks for reaching out! How are you?

We have a couple of solutions to help you out:

1. Become a TWB Verified Translator :white_check_mark: This will give you access to more tasks in your language pair.
  1. Update your email notification preferences to “Daily” :email: This way, you’ll receive emails more regularly when tasks are available in your language pair. The instructions to do this are at the top of this page.

In the meantime, if you haven’t already, you can take our Introduction to Humanitarian Translation Course :scroll: This course covers humanitarian translation, the work and history of TWB, and how to use our platforms.

I also recommend you have a look through our Translator’s Toolkit :toolbox: to learn more about getting started with us.

I hope this was helpful Jerome! Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions :blush:

7 Likes

Me too i have thé same problem

5 Likes

Hi @Faizafifi924, thanks for your message :slight_smile:

In order to be able to claim tasks and work on them, you’ll first need to complete your Kató profile. I’ve just sent you an email with more detailed information about it.

Thanks for your support! :star2:

4 Likes

Hi @federicacolombo8 and welcome to the community :smiley:

Are you already a Kató Verified Translator?

If you have gmail, have you tried to have a look on the green tag (next to social) on your incoming? I always receive mine there.
Another advice: as you can see in the following picture, you can subscribe to various tag, such as the one about your native language

Hope all of this helps.

Have a nice day/evening :smiley:

6 Likes

Hi @federicacolombo8 :wave:t2:

Another thing you can try to do is -if you work a lot on your computer- you can keep the Kató Community page always open, in this way you will see the notifications (this is what I do, but I don’t know if it works with computers that have Windows installed -I have an Mac, and I use Safari and, when someone posts projects in my language pair, I always see the notification that slides and attracts my attention). Otherwise you just need to keep opened the homepage of your profile on Kató Platform and keep an :eye: on it (when I do this, I normally do not search my language pair because, even if I leave the language pair that normally is shown when I go to the homepage, I’ll see only the tasks in my language pair); you don’t need to refresh it every now and then, because it’ll show you the tasks automatically as soon as someone posts them.
In my opinion, I prefer the first method because, even if I’m not on the Kató Community page (I keep it opened, but I don’t work on it), I will get the notification of a new project .
One more thing, if you subscribe to tags regarding not a language, but a “field” (as I did with the medical one) you may receive the notification even for projects in other languages, and that’s normal because you are subscribed to the tag that includes all the projects regarding the medical field.

I hope my suggestions will help you (and most of all are not to complicated to be understood :see_no_evil:), and anybody else who needs help in finding translation or revising tasks.

Have a great day :smiley:

P.s. Did you have a look in the spam folder?

10 Likes

Hi @federicacolombo8 :star2:

Thank you @Alex9 for your support :hugs:

I can confirm that there aren’t any tasks available in English in Italian right now, but we add tasks all the time so keep an eye out! :eyes:

Given that you are a verified translator and that you’re signed up to daily emails, you’ll be notified once tasks become available :email:

Tasks are claimed quite quickly once they’re posted so it’s good to check regularly :white_check_mark:

7 Likes

Hi @federicacolombo8, I hope you’re doing great! :grinning:

I am sorry to hear that you still don’t get any email, maybe @JoannaW or @Silvia_Mauri can help you with this issue.
However, I’m glad that my suggestion helped you :grin:

Have a great day :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Ciao @federicacolombo8, thanks for your message! I’ve just sent you an email :wink:

Thanks for your support, @Alex9! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Hi,
I have recently got verified, but I do not see any available tasks on my home page, and I also get emails of tasks that sometimes have passed the deadline.
P.S: I set my frequency of notifications to be daily.
Thanks,

3 Likes

Hi @Shahinda,
thank you for reaching out and congratulations for becoming verified!
If you see on your homepage a task that might interest you with an expired deadline, you can ask the PM if the deadline can be updated. Tasks are posted regularly. I am sure you will find available tasks soon.
Anyway staff members will reply after the we.
Have a lovely day!
:herb:

2 Likes

Hi @Shahinda :wave:

Thank you for reaching out and congratulations on becoming verified!

The homepage only shows tasks available at the time you are looking. If you cannot see any tasks in your language pairs, don’t worry. We post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out!

Because you’re signed up to receive daily email notifications, you’ll be notified when there are new tasks in your language pairs :star_struck:

I would like to confirm what the kind @faretto5 has said too! If a task has an expired deadline, you can ask the project manager for a deadline extension.

I hope you’ll be able to find a task to work on soon :grinning:

Have a great day, Shahinda :sunflower:

6 Likes

Thank you @Charlotte :blush:

1 Like

Dear @marina

Some days ago, I set up my e-mail alerts daily and I have just realized that yesterday there was at least one task available for my language combination and I haven’t been notified via e-mail. I have just seen that someone else has already claimed the task. How can this be possible? How can I get such notifications via e-mail?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

María

3 Likes