Find and Claim a task on the TWB Platform

I am unable to download the English version of the file that I want to translate

1 Like

Hi @mhsiddiqui

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to TWB :star_struck: :star2:

I’ve moved your post to this thread where you can find guidance on how to find and claim tasks!

Before you start working on a task, you must first claim it! This lets other translators know that you are working on the task :+1:

Once you claim a task, you will be able to see the source text in the online translation tool, Memsource!

If you’d like to check out our Translator’s Toolkit, it has lots of useful resources to help you get started with TWB :smiley:

1 Like

hello everyone I’m new to the platform , and I think some thing is wrong with the task finder it does not show any task even when I put it to any language .

I wonder if any of you have the same problem ?

2 Likes

Hi @dlovan1

Firstly, welcome to TWB :star_struck: :star2:

I’ve moved your post to this thread here where other translators have asked questions about finding tasks!

If you can’t see any tasks on the homepage then it means that we haven’t got any tasks currently available. But don’t worry because we post new tasks all the time :smiley:

You can also increase your email notification settings to Daily by following these instructions, so you’ll be notified whenever a new task is uploaded!

I hope you’ll find an interesting task to work on soon, Dlovan :star_struck:

1 Like

Hello everyone,
I have a problem, my homepage doesn’t show any tasks in any language pair, it has been so for nearly a week, is this normal?

Hi @Amira1

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t been able to access any tasks recently!

If you can’t see any tasks on the homepage then it means that we haven’t got any tasks currently available. But don’t worry because we post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out :eyes:

You can also increase your email notification settings to Daily by following these instructions, so you’ll be notified whenever a new task is uploaded!

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I’m new here!
My language pairs are English - Italian and Spanish - Italian but there are no pairs available at the moment for me.
How often do you think they will be available?
I mean, could it be I have to wait months to find something available according to my language pairs?
Because I see here there are mostly translations required from a source language into mostly African languages…

Thanks in advance!

Hi @irenedellasiega

Firstly welcome to TWB :star2:

We do post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out :eyes:

I can see that you’ve set your email notifications to Daily so you’ll be notified when there are tasks in your language pairs!

Hopefully you’ll find an interesting task to work on soon :crossed_fingers:

Hello,
I’m new here too! When I am not logged in I can see lots of translation tasks displayed, but when I log in they all disappear. Is there a step of profile verification I should have done in order to be able to access them?
Many thanks for any help!
Polly

1 Like

Hi @PDG

Firstly welcome to the TWB Community :star_struck:

I just checked out your profile and it’s all set up correctly!

You can find all available tasks in your language pair on the homepage! If you can’t see any tasks, then it simply means that there are no tasks currently available.

But keep an eye out because we post new tasks all the time :eyes:

Hello !
I have a question, I have been registered here for almost a week now and I’m not getting any tasks on the main page, did I do anything wrong? or do I have to meet a certain requirement?
I see some of the comments mentioning a test but I am a little confused, would anyone answer my questions please?
Thank you for your help.

Hi @Nour98, and welcome to the TWB community! :wave:

If you didn’t find any tasks on your homepage, it simply means that there are no available tasks in your language pairs.

And If you’d like, you can sign up to receive daily task stream emails. You will receive an email when tasks are available in your language pairs. :envelope_with_arrow:

As far as I know the test to become a verified translator is no longer required and your verification will depend on several good reviews and feedback.

You can find out more on this thread :arrow_right:

Have a great day! :dizzy: :sparkles:

Best regards. Lilav.

1 Like

@Lilav_Alarashi Thank you very much !

1 Like

Hello I just joined the team! My language combinations are English-arabic. However I can’t find any tasks on the home page despite the popularity of such language combination. Is that normal or there is a problem with my profile?

Welcome to the TWB community, @Nour98! :sunny:

Thanks for your message :slight_smile: I can confirm what the kind @Lilav_Alarashi mentioned in the message above - thanks for supporting your fellow translators, Lilav :star2:

Your profile is completed and I see you set up your task notifications settings to receive weekly updates - if you would like to receive more frequent updates, you can edit your notification settings by following the instruction at this thread:

:arrow_forward: Signing up for Kató Platform email notifications

Thanks for your support, Nour! Let us know if you have further questions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello @Maryam.elshazly, firstly, welcome to the TWB community! :tada:

Thanks for reaching out here :slight_smile: I had a look at your profile and it looks all good!

When you cannot see any tasks in the homepage, it means that at the moment you are looking there are no available tasks, but no worries - we post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out :eyes:

I also see you set up your task email notifications settings to receive daily updates, so when new tasks become available for you, you’ll be notified :incoming_envelope:

If you haven’t yet, please take a look at our Translator’s Toolkit, where you’ll find plenty of useful resources, or take our Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for the TWB Community - it’s a great way to get started with TWB :sunny:

2 Likes

Hello to everyone here
Hope your doing well.
Recently I claim a task and in few minutes I receive a notification saying that @your task has been revoked

Can you know what is reason
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Hello,
Hope you all doing well.
I rarely find a task to work on. And I really want to work on more projects since all I did is just one task.

1 Like

Hello @alhajri.rms

Thanks for your interest in working on tasks with TWB, that means a lot to us! :dizzy:

We’re sorry you haven’t had access to tasks recently. The homepage only shows tasks available at the time you are looking. If you cannot see any tasks in your language pairs, don’t worry. We post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out! :eyes:

I see you are signed up to receive task stream emails. You will receive an email when tasks are available in your language pairs :+1:

Let us know if you have any questions :innocent:

2 Likes

Hi @musevenifreddy001, thanks for your message :slight_smile:

Apologies for this inconvenience - sometimes this might happen when the PMs need to implement changes to the project and need to revoke it.

I see you have already claimed many tasks to work on, so I am sure you can support us with these other tasks :raised_hands: Thank you!!

1 Like