The Translation Process at TWB

Translation tasks are individual tasks that are part of a project. Only one translator at a time can work on a task.

If you find a task you want to work on, here are the steps you must follow:

1. Find translation tasks. The TWB Platform homepage shows tasks that are currently available in your language pairs. If you don’t see any tasks available, don’t worry - new tasks are being created all the time, so keep an eye out! :face_with_monocle:

You can also receive email notifications when tasks in your language pair are available. Follow these instructions to sign up for these notifications.

1. Claim the task (video tutorial).

2. Use our CAT tool, Memsource to complete the translation (video tutorial here, and Memsource category here).

3. Submit the task (tutorial).

4. To check if you have successfully submitted the task, you can visit your ‘Claimed Tasks’ section. From the drop-down menu, by clicking on ‘Task Status’, you can select ‘In progress’ or ‘Complete’.

If you have a question about a task you are working on, please follow these instructions to post a message in the discussion thread.

If for any reason you cannot complete the task, you can unclaim it following these instructions. This way, another translator can claim the task.

If you notice any issues with the task, please inform the Project Manager promptly by leaving a message in the project discussion thread (instructions above).

10 Likes

Hello!
I have a question about translating a task. I noticed that even though I submitted my final translation, it doesn’t count as “words I donated.” In addition to that, I thouht that I would be able to review it as a completed task (claimed tasks> task status> complete) but it is nowhere to be seen!
What should I do?
Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Hi @eirinitheo these are great questions! I’ve replied to your email about this, but it can take 24 hours for the badge to update :slight_smile:

I’ve moved your message to a thread I think you might find helpful about the translation process at TWB - all tasks go through a two-step process - they are translated by one translator and revised by another! This way we hope to ensure that any mistakes are picked up by having two pairs of eyes :eyes: :eyes:

I hope this helps, Eirini! :star2:

2 Likes

Hello @JoannaW!
I sincerely appreciate your help! I believe I’ve figured it out now :+1:
Thank you kindly :star2:

2 Likes

Wonderful! Thank you @eirinitheo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi,
I have a question. An email has been sent to me including a task to be translated. When I clicked on the task, from the task page, it says that it is claimed. Does that mean it has been taken by another translator? I thought that a task that is too large will be translated by several translators since it is divided into several chunks.

2 Likes

Hi @Shahinda :wave:

Thanks for reaching out!

If you click on the task and it says the task has already been claimed - this means that another translator has claimed the task :clipboard:

Some projects are divided up into Chunks if they are too big for one translator to work on, but not always!

I hope this answers your questions! Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any other queries :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks, Charlotte, for your quick response.

2 Likes