General Kató Translators Recognition Program

Translators without Borders (TWB) believes it is important to acknowledge the value and impact of the work that translators do. As part of this, we are now expanding our Translator Recognition Program to the entire Kató Translator Community.

As part of this program, Kató Translators can now request reference letters, translator feedback (WWA) on ProZ.com, and skill endorsements on LinkedIn. The most active translators will also be featured on TWB’s blog and in the Kató Community forum. :studio_microphone:

We want the program to be fair for all translators. For this reason, translators’ word counts will be adjusted based on the availability of tasks in each language pair, to allow all Kató Translators to participate in the recognition program.

:email: You can request reference letters and recommendation at translators@translatorswithoutborders.org.
If you contribute to TWB work in other ways, such as test reviews, please let us know in your email. We will add all your TWB titles and activities in the reference letters.

We are also excited to introduce a new online course, Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for Kató Translators. All translators who successfully complete it will receive a certificate. :mortar_board: The course is now available online. To learn more about it, please visit this topic.

We look forward to receiving your feedback! :pencil2:

Number of translated words and tasks not showing in Workspace
Credentials
Difference between Kató and Workspace
Kató Community Forum Guidelines
Work added to proz
The TWB Workspace Badge

This makes me so happy! I’m glad to see that hard work will be recognized, and I hope to see many other online courses in the coming years :slight_smile:

We are delighted to share this with you :slight_smile: And we will keep working on our recognition system and online courses. Stay tuned :wink:

Thank you for the initiative.
Please how can I have access to this program?

Hello @Christelle, thank you for your message. You can find more info about the program and how to participate here.
If you have any comments or questions please don’t hesitate to ask me!

Very nice initiative. Congratulations!!!:sorrir:

Thank you Gloria! We keep working on this to improve it and make it grow. Stay tuned!

@ambra Hi, I would like to know how do I acquire the TWB translator badge in my Proz profile? Thank !

Hello Gloria! The badge will be available after you deliver your first translation task on the TWB Workspace. The badge isn’t available just yet for tasks delivered on Kató Platform, and we are working to make it available soon.

Thanks for the reply, about TWB Workspace I received only two emails with projects, but with links locked, I questioned the subject for support but until today without success, no response. I’ll wait for Kató platform. Thanks!

Hello Gloria, if the link was locked it means that someone else had already claimed the task and this is why you couldn’t see it anymore. We have plenty of translation projects into Portuguese, I am sure you will have new chances to contribute on the TWB Workspace soon.

Ok @ambra I will wait, thank you for the incentive !:sorrindo:

Thank you so much for the info! :smile:

Great content and amazing courses - all of them are very enriching. Also, the layout is very nice and the platform is easy to use.

Dear @Jean_Augusto_G_S_C, thanks for the feedback, very much appreciated :slight_smile:
Happy to hear you took our course!

Dear Ambra,

Hope you are doing well.
According to the announcement I wrote to an email translators@translatorswithoutborders.org for requesting a reference letters and recommendation but I did not get back any reply.
Almost 50000 words translated, proofread into the both workplace.

Thanks & Regards
Zahid

Hi @Zahiduzzanan, thanks for your reminder. We will send you the letter still this week. Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello, we sent you a reference letter on June 28th. Do you need an updated one? Thank you!