TWB's Guide to Phrase TMS

Find below all of the available Phrase TMS tutorials that TWB has put together for you.
These tutorials will help you learn how to use Phrase TMS, our translation tool. :woman_technologist: :man_technologist:

First of all, check out :arrow_right: how to open a translation or revision task in the Phrase TMS Web Editor. You do not need a Phrase TMS account with username and password. All you need is to be logged into your TWB Platform account.

:arrow_right: Phrase TMS Web Editor: the Layout

:arrow_right: Take a look at this 30-minute webinar on the Phrase TMS Web Editor!

:arrow_right: Learn how to use the Phrase TMS Desktop Editor to work online and offline

:arrow_right: Translating a segment in Phrase TMS

:arrow_right: Useful keyboard shortcuts in Phrase TMS

:arrow_right: In-Context Preview

:arrow_right: Phrase TMS Status Bar

:arrow_right: Dealing with Tags in Phrase TMS

:arrow_right: CAT Pane in Phrase TMS

:arrow_right: Watch this webinar about the CAT Pane and the resources available in Phrase TMS (Translation Memories, Terminology Bases and non-translatable matches)

:arrow_right: How to submit a completed task in the Phrase TMS Web Editor

:arrow_right: What is QA (Quality Assurance) in Phrase TMS?

:arrow_right: How to run QA (Quality Assurance) checks in Phrase TMS

:arrow_right: How to find reference material for a task in Phrase TMS

:arrow_right: Leaving comments on a segment in Phrase TMS

:arrow_right: More Pane in Phrase TMS

:arrow_right: Search Pane in Phrase TMS

:arrow_right: Phrase TMS integrated spellchecker

:arrow_right: File Downloading on Phrase TMS

:arrow_right: How to pause and resume a task in Phrase TMS

:arrow_right: Why is TWB integrating Phrase TMS as a new translation tool?

25 Likes

Hello,

I have claimed a task that involves translating subtitles. The organization has stipulated that each subtitle/segment should not have more than 80 characters in length. Is there a functionality in Memsource that allows us to see the number of characters a segment has in real time? This would be very useful as it would allow me to know if I am exceeding the number of character allowed while I am translating instead of having to count them myself.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi @Palvares

Thatā€™s a good question indeed :innocent: and yes, thereā€™s something that can help you, all you need to do is to refer to numbers in the lower bar when you translate every segment (Please refer to the changeable number) :1234:

In the instructions of the task, itā€™s mentioned that:

One subtitle should not have more than 80 characters in total

From the way the source transcription is segmented, I believe that each subtitle = one long source segment, or two short source segments. You still can use your judgment in this

I hope this helps!

3 Likes

Hello @Aya.Alrifai ,

Thank you for pointing this out to me. It is exactly what I was looking for.

All the best,
Pedro

2 Likes

Hi @Aya.Alrifai and @ClaudiaM ,

I am not sure whether this is the right category for this post or not, but Iā€™d like to ask how is it possible to zoom out the upper part of the Editor, when you accidentally zoom it in.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Have a nice day :sunny:

1 Like

Hi @Alex9

Thank you for reaching out!

Could you please let me know if you mean that youā€™d like to see more segments displayed together as the difference between the two screenshots shows?

2 Likes

Hi @Aya.Alrifai,
Thanks for your reply.

Itā€™s just because I zoomed in the part with both source and target language, and all the texts were really big, and I was wondering how does the ā€œzoom outā€ works in case itā€™ll happen again.

I hope I explained correctly what had happened :sweat_smile:

Cheers,
Alessandra

1 Like

Hi @Alex9

I believe that the the upper section canā€™t be zoomed in or out, unless this was changed in the browser like what appears in the screenshot.

If this is the case, this can be adijusted in the upper bar in the browser, when you claim your next task, you may try it to see if this is what happened :innocent:

3 Likes

@Aya.Alrifai
This is exactly what happened. I was confirming a segment through a shortcut on my keyboard, and I probably pressed a combination of keys that zoomed in on the text, but than I wasnā€™t able to put everything back to normal :woman_facepalming:
However, thank you so much for your help :smiley: Now I know what to do in case it happens again, or in case I have this problem again when I will claim my next task.

Have a nice Sunday :sunny:

1 Like

As you rightly said, it seems that some keys in the keyboard can make this happen, also a specific movement in the touchpad on the lapto can do the same, like when we zoom in an out on moblie phones :thinking: if this happens again, and you couldnā€™t restore it to the original size, mostly claosing the tab and opening it again can solve the problem :smiley:

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi,

I accepted and have finished translating a task (TWB Platform) but although I have finished it the ā€˜Completeā€™ button does not become available to click. All segments are done and there are no discrepancies. Can anyone give me a hand with this please? Thanks, Tim

Hi Tim! :slight_smile:

Did you run QA? You need to run it and deal with the issues (if there are any) first. Only then the ā€œcompleteā€ button will be available.

2 Likes

Hey Denise, guess I wasnā€™t paying enough attention to the videoā€¦ thanks for the heads up! Tim

2 Likes

Hi @timksalinger and thank you for reaching out! :dizzy:

As @Denise.Stange rightly said, the task only needed running a QA check, you can refer to this thread to find an explanation on how to do so :innocent:

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™ve just claimed a task but then I have no button to start the translation in Memsource. And if I click the button ā€œClaimed tasksā€ there is no tasks available. What should I do?

1 Like

Hi @MiriamB and thank you for reaching out!

I checked your profile and also canā€™t see any tasks claimed by you :confused: could you please check if you received an automated email to confirm that you claimed the task? If you didnā€™t receive this email, mostly another volunteer claimed the same task seconds before you did.

I checked and I didnā€™t receive any email actually. Ok, so the task has already been claimed by someone elseā€¦ thank you so much

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: PIH Value Chain Workshop 4 30154

A post was merged into an existing topic: Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for the TWB Community