When we talk about quality assurance in language services, we often think right away about automatic Quality Assurance (QA) checks in translation software. And we use them at TWB too:
- We ask you to run the Phrase QA check before delivering any task in a translation project. It’s worth to re-run it one or two times, so all issues are addressed.
- On some translation projects we work with QA checks in lexiQA.
But QA checks are one of many elements that help assure quality. What other aspects does it involve?
We want to make sure that our projects meet their quality requirements. You help us to achieve this by following instructions, using reference materials, and employing best practices. We have prepared some training materials to guide you too.
- There is a forum section on Tasks and Instructions. It is important you read and follow them when working on any TWB assignments.
- You should also use our language-specific style guides.
Do not worry if you cannot find a guide for your language! We are working on adding style guides for more languages.
We want you to review your content. Consider the work you deliver as if it were the final version.
We have gathered tips on how to do it.
2. Reference materials. They help us with projects’ consistency and quality:
Familiarize yourself with the project description before you accept the task.
In Phrase TMS you will find term bases (TBs) and translation memories (TMs). Besides quality, they help us to achieve projects’ consistency and better turnaround. Make sure you use them.
Read the TWB’s Guide to Phrase TMS thread for more information.
Terminology really matters to us! We follow terminology management processes that are up to industry standards.
Our project officers might provide you reference materials from Partners. Those are useful to get the style or specific vocabulary just right.
3. Best practices
- Remember to always reach out to your project officer in case of doubt.
- Engage with your peers on the project forum thread.
- Leave comments in your chunks of work for your colleagues.
Feedback. We want to know your opinion and learn how we can improve. Contact us or use one of the Community threads to share your thoughts.
- On some occasions we might receive feedback from our Partners. We will let you know if we’ll need your help in having a meaningful feedback loop.
Make sure to also check community topics related to Feedback.
4. Training. We have created a TWB Learning Center with materials on the ways we work, our procedures, and the industry standards.
- Check this page regularly, as we keep adding new resources there.