New to TWB?

Follow these simple steps to become a TWB Translator!

:writing_hand: Register in the TWB Platform

To register a profile in the TWB Platform and become a TWB Translator, follow the steps in this short video (FAQs).

Once you have registered, please complete your profile. You cannot access translation tasks if your profile is incomplete.

Please note that you must be 18 years or older to register as a volunteer translator with us. If you are under 18 and you have created a profile with us, please email us at translators@translatorswithoutborders.org.

:busts_in_silhouette: the TWB forum

Create a profile in TWB Community (video tutorial, FAQs).

TWB Community is our forum, where you can meet and interact with fellow translators and share information. You can also ask questions which the TWB team will answer.

We post information, updates and instructions in TWB Community. To find the information you need, please follow these instructions.

:rocket: Coming soon: a new translation tool for you! Take a look at our shiny new Memsource category to learn the basics of the new translation tool that TWB will start using at the beginning of May! Here’s what you can do now:

1. Register for a free Memsource webinar, exclusive for our Community here :tada::exclamation:
  2. Learn why TWB is integrating a new translation tool here :thinking: :grey_question:
  3. Take a sneak peek at the easy-to-use Memsource interface here, where the translation magic happens! :sparkles: :mage:
  4. Learn how to work in Memsource here and in the other threads of the Memsource category. :nerd_face::books:
16 Likes

Hello everybody,
Hope you are all doing well. How can I start my first translation project ??

Thank you

3 Likes

Good evening, @Fady_Heliel :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

Thank you for reaching out. :smiley: :+1:

You can find all the information you need to get started with TWB in our Translator’s Toolkit :toolbox: There, you’ll find several video tutorials about how to find and claim tasks, and much more. :wink:

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Have a great evening, Fady! :star2:

6 Likes

Hi @Fady_Heliel :wave:

Welcome to the TWB Community!

I’d like to echo what the kind @andfraz has said that you can find lots of useful information in the Translator’s Toolkit :toolbox: :hammer_and_wrench:

Let us know if you have any questions, Fady! I hope you’ll find an interesting project to get started on :smiley:

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for KatĂł Translators

Hello! I signed up a month ago at Kato, is it possible that there have not been documents to translate yet? because I did not receive any and when I search documents to claim, also, there are not any
 I do not know if I did somenthing wrong when I signed up or it is okey.
Thank you !!

2 Likes

Hi @pilatorraca,
thank you for reaching out and welcome to the TWB community! Everything is fine. You just need to be patient and keep an eye out :eyes:
Have a nice morning or rest of the day/night.
:boom:

2 Likes

Hi @pilatorraca

Welcome to the TWB Community :hugs:

As the kind @faretto5 said, if you can’t see any tasks on the homepage, then it simply means that there aren’t any tasks currently available in your language pairs!

But don’t worry because we post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye on the homepage :eyes:

I hope you’ll be able to find an interesting task to work on soon, Maria! Let us know if you have any other questions :smiley:

6 Likes

Perfect!!thank you for your reply :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks to you too!!I will keep an eye on the homepage :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi! I’m sorry for using this created topic but I need help!

Today I signed up as a volunteer, but I am not able to visualize any task to carry out the translation, and I don’t know what I have to do

2 Likes

Hi @heinrickprofeta

Firstly, welcome to TWB! It’s great to have you join the community :smiley:

You can use any of the relevant threads to ask questions!

To get started, I would recommend that you take a look at the Translator’s Toolkit that has lots of useful information including tutorials on How to find and claim tasks and How to use Kató TM :toolbox: :hammer_and_wrench:

3 Likes

Hello there,
I had claimed several tasks before, but I didn’t receive any feedback,

Hi @lubna-shurrab , :raising_hand_woman:

Leaving feedback on translation tasks is not obligatory, so you will find so many translation tasks had been reviewed without any feedback, but you are always welcome to download the Revised version for each task you’ve completed :white_check_mark:

Have a great day! :dizzy: :sparkles:

Best regards. Lilav

1 Like

Oh I see,
How I can download the revised version of my tasks?

Hi @lubna-shurrab,

Here are a few steps, you can go to (Claimed Tasks) on your account page and select (Complete) in the (Task Status) menu. There you will see the blue button :blue_square: (Download the Revised version) so you can download and check the revised version for each task you’ve completed.

Hope this is helpful! :blush:

Best regards. Lilav.

1 Like

Ok, thank you so much for your quick help, I appreciate it so much.

2 Likes

Hi , I’m new here, so I don’t understand most of things. And I’m still student of translation in college . I hope that I can get useful help 

Thank you.

Hi @rodaina2021 and welcome to TWB! :tada:

We’re happy to have you join us, and you’re welcome to reach out if you have any questions :question:

Firstly, you’ll need to set the language pair in your profile correctly to have access to tasks, so Making it “English to Arabic” instead of “English to English” :dizzy:

After that, you can refer to our Translator’s Manual for a comprehensive explanation on our workflow :notebook_with_decorative_cover:

I hope this helps! :sunflower:

Comment nous pouvons m’aider Ă  terminĂ© mon profil.
Chaque que j’ai cliquĂ© sur la langue maternelle, je ne peux pas retrouvĂ© ma langue, il m’a dit que la n’a pas pris en charge.