Creating and personalizing your TWB Community profile

TWB Community is our main platform for communication with translators, and translators can use it to network with their fellow translators as well. Once you create a TWB Platform profile, you’ll be able to log in to the TWB Community. Learn how to register on the TWB Platform and how to log in.
Once you’re logged in, personalizing your TWB Community profile is very easy:

How can I add a profile picture? :camera_flash:

We’d love to put a face to our translators’ names! Simply go to your account (the circle in the top right corner), click on your name and then click on “preferences”.

From there you will be able to add a new profile picture.

You can also personalize your profile’s background or add information about yourself!:speaking_head:

Remember to save any changes once you’re done!

10 Likes

@Gloria, interesting features. I know that the best way to learn how to use them is to play with them, but could you explain what the “User Card” is? I assume it’s some section on a user profile page, but I don’t exactly where or what. Thanks!
Nozomi

1 Like

Hi Nozomi! Great question :slight_smile: When you click on a user’s name connected to a message they’ve written, a small ‘card’ will pop up showing basic information. So the ‘user card background’ will be the background image of this little card. Hope this makes sense! :sunny:

2 Likes

@JoannaW
Thank you for your explanation! Card = a popup user profile. Got it!
And sorry for my delayed reply - I did not realize I had a reply to my post!
Nozomi

2 Likes

Hi @Nozomi no worries! You are very welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, do I have to be a verified translator in order to access tasks on the platform

1 Like

Hello @tehleel95 :slight_smile:
It depends on the task, some tasks require you to be a Verified translator, other tasks don’t.
I hope you find some interesting projects to work on! :star2:

2 Likes

Hello,

I have taking both training courses and sent my text to obtain the KATO certificate. I am hoping to be able to translate some interesting tasks in the future. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @HanCob :slight_smile:
I hope you found the courses engaging! What translation test did you take?
I hope you can start translating very soon :star2:

1 Like

Hello everybody,
I would like to change my username, but if I go to preferences I am able only to change the name not Username. Can anyone help me?
Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @AngelaG, I’ve moved your message to this thread which I think you might find helpful :slight_smile:

You should be able to change your username by going to settings and clicking on the pencil symbol :pencil2: next to your username.

1 Like

Hi again Joanna :grinning: there is no pencil symbol next to my username but only next to the profile photo and the Name, but not the UserName!

@AngelaG Oh ok! Why don’t you let me know here what you want to change it to and I’ll change it for you :blush:

2 Likes

Simply “AngelaG” without my surname :sweat_smile:
Thank you Joanna!

@AngelaG great, this is all done! :hibiscus:

1 Like

Thank you so much!! :star_struck:

1 Like

Hello! For some reason, it doesn’t let me get verified :frowning:

2 Likes

Hi @Martiviora thanks for your message! Are you referring to becoming a TWB Verified Translator? If so, I have just sent you an email about your test :slight_smile:

Let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with! :sunflower:

1 Like

Hi everybody,

I tried to add a profile picture, but it says that there’s an error while uploading it.
Is there a specific size the pictures should have?

Thanks in advance to whoever replies.

2 Likes

Hi @Alex9 ! Not that I know of :thinking: Could you try again and if it doesn’t work feel free to send us a screenshot so that we can understand what the issue is :slight_smile:

2 Likes