How to submit a completed task in the Phrase TMS Web Editor

Once you claim a task you would like to work on, you will be able to access the task in the Phrase TMS Web Editor (tutorial here).

• In the Phrase TMS Web Editor (guide here) you can translate/revise each target segment and confirm each segment when done. Check out this tutorial: Translating a segment in Phrase TMS

• When you have finished translating or revising all segments, you will need to run QA (Quality Assurance) before you can complete the task, to find and amend any potential translation mistakes. Take a look at this thread to learn more about QA checks and this thread on how to run QA.

• When you are done working on the task, click on the blue Complete button in the top right corner, shown below in the screenshot. :ballot_box_with_check:

• Confirm by clicking on the ā€œComplete jobā€ button in the pop-up message that appears.

• The message Completed will now appear in the top bar, as shown below. You can now close the window.

This is all you need to do! :tada:

23 Likes

@ClaudiaM very helpful info!

5 Likes

Hiā€‹:wave: I saw the webinar and itā€™s helpful, thanks for this new tool !:clap:

7 Likes

Hello. Help me, please! There are 2 items on QA that says ā€œmissing term forā€¦ā€ , but there is not. Should I ignore this advice?

Hi @tatianacleite

Thanks for running the QA! If you think one of the errors actually isnā€™t an error and that the system is mistaken, then you can click in the ignore column so the system ignores the error :+1:

Once youā€™ve done this, youā€™ll be able to mark the task as complete :smiley:

Thanks for your support on this project, Tatiana!

2 Likes

Thank you, Charlotte! :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi, there!
Iā€™ve finished revising a document, but the ā€œcompleteā€ button wonā€™t activate for me to click on.
What am I doing worng?
THanks!

1 Like

Hi @anaigel

Firstly welcome to the TWB Community :star_struck:

Before you can submit a task, you must first run the Quality Assurance (QA)! You can do this by going to ā€œToolsā€ and clicking on ā€œRun job QAā€ :+1:

This will bring up a panel with any errors that the system detects, you must work through them to either resolve them or to ignore them by clicking in the ā€œiā€ column!

Once youā€™ve done this, youā€™ll be able to click the complete button and submit your task :smiley:

Thanks for your support on this project, Ana!

1 Like

Hi @charlotte1 ,

Thank you for your help!
I have already run Q&A a number of times, and the ā€œtrailing punctuationā€ message keeps coming up. In order to meet the original segment, there is nothing else to be done there and I canā€™t confirm the job!
Any other suggestions?
Thank you so much.
Ana

Hi @anaigel

Iā€™ve just checked and it seems you were able to submit the task :raised_hands:

Thank you so much for your support on this project, Ana :smiley:

Hi Charlotte,
I appreciate your feedback!
Thank you! Have a nice day!

Hello dear Charlotte!
Iā€™ve completed the task i claimed , but the ā€œcompleteā€ button is not activated for me to click on. i tried to run QA but nothing worked? what can i do then?
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @BIENFAIT

Firstly, welcome to the TWB Community :star2:

Iā€™m not quite sure which task youā€™re struggling to submit because youā€™ve got two tasks in progress in your ā€œClaimed Taskā€ section! If you let me know which task youā€™re struggling to submit, then I can help out :+1:

3 WFP_LCA_FGDs_NGOfieldstaff_draft_for translation.docx" from English into Swahili Congo with Translators without Borders.

This is the task i wanted to submit.

I have succeeded.
Thank you

2 Likes

Hi @BIENFAIT

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know and thanks for your support on this project :raised_hands:

A post was merged into an existing topic: A global security system: an alternative to war-hi-jp 27903

Hi, @charlotte1 this is helpful Info, but I am encountering more then 2-3 errors listed in QA for one single segment. May I confirm if it is OK to click ignore in such case as well?

Thanks in advance.

best,
Sneha

1 Like

Hi @linguistsneha and welcome to TWB! :tada:

As Charlotte kindly mentioned, itā€™s always good to use your judgment with this :eyes: : a QA check is meant to ensure overall quality and consistency. so when you see the list of issues, you can check them one by one, and go back to the segment to correct every issue, this will make it disappear from the list :+1:

If you believe that some of the issues are not real errors in your work, you can simply click on the small square on the right side to ignore them :information_source: If youā€™d like to learn more about QA checks, please follow this thread :arrow_backward:

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you need any help :innocent:

1 Like