The Translator's Toolkit

Hi @martaS,
so many thanks for reaching out and welcome to our community. The issue might be that the document is diveded in chunks and you might be in charge of just one of them. Anyway you will get the best reply tomorrow from staff members. I hope this helps. :herb:

3 Likes

Hi @martaS

Firstly welcome to TWB and congratulations on working on your first project :star_struck:

I can confirm what the kind @faretto5 has said, that most projects are divided up into Chunks. The word document you can see in the preview shows the whole document, which is useful for translators to refer to or to have a look at before they claim the task to make sure they’re comfortable with the project!

The Chunk you have to translate appears in Memsource :+1: So you only need to worry about this segment!

Thank you for your contribution to this project, Marta :smiley:

3 Likes

I have completed translation, but unable to press “complete” button which is still faint.

Hi @Hassan_Adam

This is most likely because you need to run the QA (Quality Assurance) before you can complete the task!

Please take a look at this page to learn how to resolve Quality Assurance (QA) issues in Memsource before you complete a task.

You can then complete the task following this tutorial :smiley:

Thanks for your support, Hassan!

I received a task for translation via e-mail. I have done all the job, but I don’t understand where I should submit it in order my translation would be accepted

1 Like

Hi @dimasaosin, thank you for reaching out here :slight_smile:

In order to work on a translation or revision task, you’ll first need to claim it by following these steps :white_check_mark:

Then, you need to complete your task using Memsource, our new translation interface; in this section you can learn everything about it! I also invite you to check this 30 minutes webinar on how to use Memsource :nerd_face:

Once you’ve worked on your task, you just need to follow these instructions to submit it.

I hope this helps, but don’t hesitate to reach out if you have further questions :sunny:

1 Like

Hi everyone, I am very new here and have some doubts, one of them is: Do we have to keep the format of the task or we can just translate it in a doc file? Do we have to use any specific tool or we are free to do the translation the way we feel more comfortable?

Hi @pjucatradutor

Firstly welcome to TWB :star_struck: :star2:

I’ve moved your post to the Translator’s Toolkit where you can find lots of useful information to help you get started at TWB!

Generally, all tasks must be completed within our online translation tool, Memsource. If a project needs to be completed offline, this will be specified in the project description!

We also have a whole section dedicated to Memsource, including a 30-minute training webinar :slightly_smiling_face:

I hope this answers your question, Paulo!

3 Likes

Thank you Charlotte1, yes it helped me a lot!

1 Like

Hello!
I would like to know why my resources status shows that my memory, term base and machine translation are not connected on my cat panel?:frowning: And what can I do about it?

Thanks in advance,
Alise

1 Like

Hi @alisesudnika

Firstly, welcome to the TWB Community :star_struck:

If you can’t see the TM, TB or MT for a project, then it means that those resources aren’t available for that specific project!

However, we’re working on building up our resources and each translation you do helps with this :pray:

1 Like

Ok, thank you for this information! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ive finished my task with no red crosses but I cant press complete (its not activated)??

1 Like

Hi @wakibaki75

So, before you can submit the task, you must first run a Quality Assurance (QA) check. You can do this by going to “Tools” and then clicking “Run job QA” :+1:

This will bring up a QA panel with any errors that the system detects. You must work through them to either resolve them or ignore them if they are false errors (by clicking in the “i” column).

Once you’ve done this, you’ll be able to submit the task :star2:

There are sometimes errors that can’t be ignored, so if you are unable to resolve them then please let us know or reach out to the project manager who’ll be able to help!

Thank you for your support on this project, Eid :raised_hands:

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2020 E-Cubed Shortlist Blogpost 28019

Hello There!
I would like to ask is it possible to calm a task that is in progress? I always check ou the homepage after receiving the task notification email then I see them labeled in progress.

1 Like

Hello @fatimahmaid2021 and thank you for reaching out! :sunflower:

As you rightly imagined, If the task is in progress, this means that a translator is already working on it, so other translators won’t have access to it :confused:

As you’re trying to claim tasks after receiving notification emails, other volunteers might be just a little bit quicker to claim them before you do :eyes: However, We post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out on the homepage :wink:

Thanks again for your interest in supporting us Fatimah! Best wishes :dizzy:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Risk Infographic 2019 28399

I have completed reviewing the content. Still, the “Complete” tab is not enabled to submit the project. No pop-up message appeared. Help me to submit the project.
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi @abditubey and thank you for reaching out! :dizzy:

I could see that there are no more tasks in progress in your profile. It’s good that all your tasks are successfully submitted :white_check_mark: :tada:

Thaank you for your support Abdinoor! We really appreciate it :innocent:

1 Like