Find and Claim a task on the TWB Platform

Hi Areej, I can see that your mail notifications are set up correctly, so you should be receiving daily notifications about available tasks. You can also search for them yourself, this video tutorial explains how to do it :wink:

2 Likes

Hi, I know that but there isnā€™t any filters for the Arabic language as a source languageā€¦
:cry:

Hi, if Arabic is not listed in the drop-down menu either as a source or target language, it means itā€™s not available at the moment.

2 Likes

Hello dears, I am a beginner, I donā€™t know how to do the translation after you claim a task? Any help?

2 Likes

Hello @dhuhaomer55 welcome to TWB! Great to hear you have already claimed a task :muscle:

Most of our tasks require you to use our CAT tool, KatĆ³ TM. Here are some links to help you learn how to use it: video tutorial, FAQs, Doā€™s and Donā€™ts, and Handling tags and untranslatable segments. :writing_hand:

If you havenā€™t already done so, have a look at our welcome pack, where youā€™ll find more useful links on getting started in KatĆ³ Platform. :information_source:

Have a lovely day! :sunny:

4 Likes

Hello Alessandra,

Recently, I noticed that the Claim a Task page seems to have changed. In the past, when I logged in, I could see a list of all available tasks, but now, it automatically filters based on my language pairs. Over the past few weeks, there have never been any tasks for my language pairs, which I thought was strange. Over the past few days, I have been clicking on the tags, (covid, health, etc.) on the right side of the screen, because they allow me to view some of the tasks that are currently available. Both today and yesterday, I have been able to see tasks in one of my language pairs (EN to FR) by clicking on those tags. Why do those tasks not appear on the main page given that they are in one of my language pairs? Also, when I try to click on these tasks, the system tells me I donā€™t have the authorization to view them. This has never happened to me before. I am wondering whether the specific tasks I saw are reserved for verified translators (I am not verified for EN to FR) or if there is an issue with the system. Many thanks for any help you might be able to provide! Melissa

2 Likes

Hi @Melissa1 thanks for your message! Youā€™ve raised a great point. We did change the KatĆ³ Platform homepage recently to show only available tasks for the language pairs listed in your profile. This way, you donā€™t have to wade through tasks that do not apply to you :slight_smile:

I have just had a look at tasks listed under the covid tags as you mentioned, and you are right, all three EN>FR tasks require verified translators.

Generally we do have a greater demand for translations from English, but Iā€™m sure translations in your language pairs will appear soon, so keep an eye out! :eyes:

Hope this helps, but let us know if you have any futher questions! :sunny:

3 Likes

Thanks so much Joanna! This clears things up. :slight_smile: I think I will aim to write the EN-FR test as a next step as I am verified for my other combinations. Melissa

@Melissa1 youā€™re welcome! I would also mention that at TWB we encourage translators to translate into their native language, but you are welcome to take the test if you would like :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any one need help translating for amharic or tigernga or arabic , send me in email hnader662@gmail.com

1 Like

me,too Have you deal with it?

Not sure if this question is addressed to meā€¦if so, as Joanna mentions, the tasks donā€™t appear on the main page because for that specific pair, I am not a verified translator, and the clients for those tasks have requested they be completed by someone who is verified. I am planning on writing the test over the weekend, in the hopes of getting access to more tasks. :slight_smile: If you are encountering the same issue as I am, I am guessing itā€™s because you arenā€™t verified for a certain language pair and the client has requested a verified translator (this is based on my understanding of Joannaā€™s response above).

1 Like

Thanks for your help,I am guessing the result of my issue as you have is that I am not verified .I am gonna to take the test now.

Hi @Melissa1 :slight_smile:
What you guessed is partially true. If you donā€™t see any available tasks in your language pair it means that currently there arenā€™t any tasks which match the language combinations you listed. Please check the Available tasks tab regularly as new projects are uploaded every day. You can also turn your email notifications on to receive updates when a task in your language pairs becomes available.
Being a KatĆ³ Verified Translator gives you access to all Translation and Revision tasks. I strongly encourage you to take the test because itā€™s likely youā€™ll find more tasks as a Verified Translator. I hope this makes sense, please reach out if something was unclear :blush: and good luck with the test! :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

What should I do,to be a volunteer translator in TWB.

2 Likes

Good afternoon, @tasneemkhaled065 :slight_smile: and first of all, welcome to our community :partying_face: :heart:

Basically, all you need to be a volunteer translator in TWB is:

• To be fluent in at least :two: languages

• have some time spare time to work on translation (and, eventually, revising) tasks :clock1:

• A great desire to help :raising_hand_woman: :raising_hand_man:

How can you get started?

:one: - Make sure you read the Translator Code of Conduct carefully :face_with_monocle:

:two: - Update your language combinations (FAQs) and complete your profile :computer_mouse:

:three: - Claim your first task :running_woman: :running_man: - (hereā€™s how to do find and claim tasks: video tutorial and FAQs ).

Please have also a look at the Welcome pack for KatĆ³ Translators. :gift: There, you will find all the useful information you need; Iā€™m just including a few suggestions here, to help you get started.

By the way, if you become a KatĆ³ Verified Translator :white_check_mark:, you will have access to more tasks. All you need to know about it is on this thread: How to become a KatĆ³ Verified Translator?

Please let me know in case you have any further questions. Iā€™d be happy to help. :slight_smile:

Thank you for joining our wonderful community and for wanting to be a volunteer with TWB! :heart:

Have a great Wednesday! :sun_with_face:

8 Likes

Hello everyone! I am a student of translation and since last year I started, I became a part of the TWB Kato Community. My languages pairs are English- Greek, Greek-EngIish, French-English, English- French, Greek-French. In my profile, I have asked to receive task stream e-mail updates daily but they arenā€™t coming often. When I receive them the tasks are already claimed from someone else. How can I receive and claim more tasks? I have been wondering how can I become a verified kato translator? Are there any tests that I could do for any language pair and thus receive more translations projects to that language pair? I canā€™t become a verified kato translator through a membership to any organisation of translators and send the certification because I am still student. I want through the organisation such as Translators without borrdes to help other people and gain experience for my professional career.
Can someone help me and answer these questions, please? Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi @Panayiota_Mavroudi,
thank you for reaching out! I moved your message to this one about how to find and claim a task. You basically need to check the homepage www.trommons.org and log in as often as you can.
At the moment there are no tests to become a verified translator. You will became verified once you receive good reviews for your translations. I hope this helps.
Have a nice we!
:herb:

2 Likes

@faretto5 ok thank you very much for your reply and help!! I hope you have a nice week too!!

2 Likes

Hi @Panayiota_Mavroudi :wave:

I am sorry you havenā€™t had access to tasks recently!

The homepage only shows tasks available at the time you are looking. If you cannot see any tasks in your language pairs, donā€™t worry. We post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out :eyes:

I see you are signed up to receive task stream emails. You will receive an email when tasks are available in your language pairs :email:

I can also confirm what the kind @faretto5 has said, that once you receive multiple positive feedback on your translations, we can consider verifying you this way :smiley:

Donā€™t hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions, Panayiota :star2:

3 Likes