Find and Claim a task on the TWB Platform

@charlotte1 Thanks Charlotte as well for your reply. I will have my eye for any tasks to translate in the future!!

3 Likes

Hello all! Iā€™ve been reading many articles and posts since I set up my account, but I still have a few points of confusion. My language pair is French to English, and I understand that there might not be any tasks available, but Iā€™m not able to see any tasks at all. My email notifications are set, also. Did I do something wrong in the registration process? Or is it common to not see any tasks listed on the homepage? Will it only show tasks for the languages set in your profile?

Sorry about all of the questions and thank you for reading!! :blush:

2 Likes

Hi @nikaroseb,
thank you for reaching out and welcome to the TWB community!
It is quite usual not to find avaliable tasks, maybe now more as we are going to start a new translating tool. There are no tasks available for me now even if I am a verified translator.
So,I would advise you to be patient and keep an eye out either on the homepage or on the community.
I hope this helps.
Have a grat day!

2 Likes

Hi @nikaroseb

Welcome to the TWB Community :hugs:

Iā€™ve just had a look and your profile is set up correctly. However, as the kind @faretto5 said, if you canā€™t see any tasks on the homepage then it simply means that there are no available tasks in your language pairs!

The homepage will only show tasks in your language pairs. But donā€™t worry because we post new tasks all the time so I hope youā€™ll be able to find something interesting to work on soon :smiley:

Donā€™t hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions, Annika!

2 Likes

Hi @faretto5, thank you so much! I appreciate you sharing your perspective as a verified translator. Thatā€™s exactly what I needed.

Same to you! :sunny:

3 Likes

Hi @charlotte1, thank you for checking my profile! I was hoping someone would. :blush: I really appreciate the support!

Have a great day :star:

2 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m sorry for using this created topic but I need help!

Today I signed up as a volunteer, but I am not able to visualize any task to carry out the translation, and I donā€™t know what to doā€¦

2 Likes

Hi
You can sign up for daily updates or check-in regularly to see if there are any.
Not all tasks are available at all times.
Hope this helps
:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hi @heinrickprofeta

Thanks for your message and welcome to TWB!

You can find lots of useful information in the Translatorā€™s Toolkit to help you get started :toolbox: :hammer_and_wrench:

Additionally, you can only see tasks on your homepage if there are tasks available in your language pairs! So, if you cannot see any tasks then it simply means that there are no tasks currently available.

But donā€™t worry because we post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out :eyes:

As @soke35 has said, you will also receive email notifications when there is a task available in your language pair!

I hope this information is helpful, let us know if you have any other questions!

5 Likes

Hello everyone,

I signed up a few days ago and my language pairs are English-French, French-English and Spanish-English. However I check every single day if there are tasks available for me (I have chosen to receive notifications daily) but every time I see that Iā€™m not given any tasks. How to receive more tasks?

2 Likes

Hi @chloe.petridis :wave:

Thanks for reaching out! Firstly, welcome to TWB :star_struck:

I can see that your profile has been set up correctly! The reason you canā€™t see any tasks is that there are no tasks currently available in your language pairs

But donā€™t worry because we post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out :eyes:

As you have signed up for Daily email notifications, youā€™ll receive an email when a task is available!

2 Likes

I am unable to download the English version of the file that I want to translate

1 Like

Hi @mhsiddiqui

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to TWB :star_struck: :star2:

Iā€™ve moved your post to this thread where you can find guidance on how to find and claim tasks!

Before you start working on a task, you must first claim it! This lets other translators know that you are working on the task :+1:

Once you claim a task, you will be able to see the source text in the online translation tool, Memsource!

If youā€™d like to check out our Translatorā€™s Toolkit, it has lots of useful resources to help you get started with TWB :smiley:

1 Like

hello everyone Iā€™m new to the platform , and I think some thing is wrong with the task finder it does not show any task even when I put it to any language .

I wonder if any of you have the same problem ?

2 Likes

Hi @dlovan1

Firstly, welcome to TWB :star_struck: :star2:

Iā€™ve moved your post to this thread here where other translators have asked questions about finding tasks!

If you canā€™t see any tasks on the homepage then it means that we havenā€™t got any tasks currently available. But donā€™t worry because we post new tasks all the time :smiley:

You can also increase your email notification settings to Daily by following these instructions, so youā€™ll be notified whenever a new task is uploaded!

I hope youā€™ll find an interesting task to work on soon, Dlovan :star_struck:

1 Like

Hello everyone,
I have a problem, my homepage doesnā€™t show any tasks in any language pair, it has been so for nearly a week, is this normal?

Hi @Amira1

Iā€™m sorry to hear you havenā€™t been able to access any tasks recently!

If you canā€™t see any tasks on the homepage then it means that we havenā€™t got any tasks currently available. But donā€™t worry because we post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out :eyes:

You can also increase your email notification settings to Daily by following these instructions, so youā€™ll be notified whenever a new task is uploaded!

1 Like

Hi everyone,
Iā€™m new here!
My language pairs are English - Italian and Spanish - Italian but there are no pairs available at the moment for me.
How often do you think they will be available?
I mean, could it be I have to wait months to find something available according to my language pairs?
Because I see here there are mostly translations required from a source language into mostly African languagesā€¦

Thanks in advance!

Hi @irenedellasiega

Firstly welcome to TWB :star2:

We do post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out :eyes:

I can see that youā€™ve set your email notifications to Daily so youā€™ll be notified when there are tasks in your language pairs!

Hopefully youā€™ll find an interesting task to work on soon :crossed_fingers:

Hello,
Iā€™m new here too! When I am not logged in I can see lots of translation tasks displayed, but when I log in they all disappear. Is there a step of profile verification I should have done in order to be able to access them?
Many thanks for any help!
Polly

1 Like