Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for the TWB Community

We are pleased to introduce our new online course updated in 2021, Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for the TWB Community.

The course is designed for both novice and experienced translators and covers the basics of humanitarian translation, our mission at TWB and CLEAR Global, how you can get involved, and how to use our TWB platform and translation tool.

All translators who successfully complete this self-paced course will receive a certificate. :woman_student: :man_student:

The course is now available online :arrow_right: at this link :arrow_left:
You can take the course on any device. If you are using a smartphone, we recommend rotating your screen to view the course sections in landscape (horizontal) view for optimal resolution. :iphone:

In order to take the course, you will need to follow 3 simple steps:

:pushpin: 1. Access the TWB Learning Center

Make sure you are logged into the TWB Platform and click on “TWB Learning Center” in the orange navigation bar at the top of the page. You will be redirected to the TWB Learning Center and automatically logged in.

:pushpin: 2. Enroll in the course:

Once you are logged into the TWB Learning Center, you will be able to enroll in the course.
Just access the main page of this course and click on “Enrol me in this course” on the orange top bar.

Please note that if you do not enroll, the platform will not let you take the final quiz and you won’t obtain the certificate.

:pushpin: 3. Complete all sections, take the test, and download your certificate:

Complete all sections, pass the final test, and you will be able to download the certificate.
Note: If you do not have access to the final test, it means you’re not enrolled in the course. If that’s the case, refer to Step 2 above.

course7

You can use this topic to post any questions you may have about the course, or you can send an email to translators@translatorswithoutborders.org.

89 Likes

Hey @Karine, we talked about this course some weeks ago so I am flagging it for you now that it is live! Hope you will be interested :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@ambra

Ciao Ambra,

This is a great news! Thank you :smile:

Karine

3 Likes

Wow, this looks great. Will definitely be signing up as soon as I have finished my current project.

1 Like

@ambra This course is live, unfortunately the email was in the spam box and only on Wednesday is I visualize, I tried to do but the final activity does not accept. When will you have another course? I appreciate the attention :soluço:

6 Likes

Hello, @gloriateixeira22!

Thank you for the heads up! I will include a line about checking the spam folder in the description :slight_smile:
I have checked the Moodle platform, and you don’t appear as registered. Have you enrolled in the course?
Remember that, besides creating the account, it is necessary to enrol in the course (please check the screenshots at the end of the message above).

I hope you give it another shot! Keep us posted :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Gloria Good afternoon I appreciate your attention and really was verified that despite having made the inscription I have not yet signed up on the course. I appreciate your help. :sorrindo:

3 Likes

Enrolled and completed! Got my certificate and now I have loads of material to read :heart: .
The only problem that I found is that there are 2 activities that I completed yet they don’t have their checkmarks, I tried to re-take them but nothing happened, because of that my progress is at 75% althought I already finished every section.

3 Likes

Hi @Nat.gz! I’m glad you liked it, and thanks for flagging that, I’ll take a look :slight_smile:
Do you remember which where the activities that didn’t have a checkmark?
Thanks again!

3 Likes

Hello @Gloria !

I am facing the same issue as @Nat.gz . I finished all activities however, the first one “Introduction to TWB was not checked, and I could not check-mark it by myself. Consequently, I could not do the last quiz, and I am told that I” need to enroll in the course before you can attempt this quiz".

Thoughts?

4 Likes

@Gloria I also had this problem @Nat.gz , I did according to the explanations in my report reports 62% being that I answered all the questions, I acted right? Thanks again for the attention given.

@Maher I am also having the same problem with system that points only 62% full, being answered all.:disappointed_relieved:

Hi @Maher ! Please refer to my answer to @gloriateixeira22 above. In order to obtain the certificate you will need to both create and activate the account AND enrol in the course :slight_smile: . You will find more info and some screenshots in the post itself.

As for the % of completion, it should be fixed now, I changed the course settings. However if you go through all the sections and pass the test, you will be able to download the certificate. If you’ve been able to download the certificate but the % of completion is not 100%, do not worry.

Hope this helps! :smiley:

1 Like

@Gloria I appreciate the attention given, with your guidance was resolved the problem and I received my certificate.:sorrindo:

2 Likes

Congratulations, @gloriateixeira22 :clap:

1 Like

@ambra @Gloria Thanks to team Kato the attention given. Thansk!:sorrindo::sorrindo:

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Hello,

I’m an English, Italian and Spanish to French translator and reviser. I’m taking the course Introduction to Humanitarian Translation even though I’ve volunteered since a few years. There’s something to learn every day.

Lina Scarpellini from Montreal, Canada

5 Likes

Thank you Lina, for taking the course and for your contribution all these years :sunflower: We hope you will enjoy the course. We will appreciate any feedback or comments :slight_smile: