Join our new TWB Learning Center!

:loudspeaker: We are excited to announce that we have a new TWB Learning Center image :books: , which is seamlessly integrated with the TWB Platform! It includes some already popular courses such as Introduction to Humanitarian Translation, as well as new resources for you to discover.

What’s new?

• New training courses! :bookmark: Our goal is to empower all TWB community members to grow your skills.

• New, modern look :sparkles: in line with the design of the TWB Platform. The platform is very easy to navigate - check it out!

• Accessing our courses is easier than ever!
    You can now join seamlessly with your TWB platform credentials. Just log into the TWB Platform and click on the TWB Learning Center link in the top navigation bar to access the new platform.

Gain new skills while supporting our mission!

On the TWB Learning Center you will find a variety of self-paced online courses that will allow you to learn and grow professionally by acquiring new skills. These courses are designed for both professionals with years of experience, as well as speakers of languages with few professional training resources available. These courses will give you the basics of translation and revision, as well as other in-demand skills of the language industry. And with each course you complete, you will get a certificate :page_facing_up: :mortar_board: to showcase your competencies.

:question: Frequently asked questions

1. How can I start taking online courses in the TWB Learning Center?
To take the TWB Learning Center courses, you only need an account on the TWB Platform. Set up your profile and get started. If you are correctly logged into the TWB Platform, click on the TWB Learning Center link in the top bar, next to your profile, and you will be able to join as a student.
If you don’t wish to create a TWB Platform account, you can also join the TWB Learning Center with your Moodle credentials.

2. Who can take the courses? What background knowledge is necessary to start taking courses in the TWB Learning Center?
Everyone can take a course in the TWB Learning Center. No prior knowledge is required. If you are a student or come from outside the language industry, you can decide to start from the basics and take our introductory courses to translation. If you are already a professional translator, you can hone your skills learning about the humanitarian translation domain, or get up to speed with the latest technologies such as machine translation post-editing.

3. How can I enroll in a course?
To enroll in a course, make sure you are logged into the TWB Learning Center. Just go to the main page of the course you wish to take and click on “Enroll me in this course” in the course orange top bar. Please note that if you do not enroll, you will not be able to take the final quiz or any course activities, and you won’t obtain certificates of completion.

4. When can I take TWB’s courses?
The courses in the TWB Learning Center are free, online, and completely self-paced. You can enroll in any course at any time and work through the content as your schedule allows.

5. How can I share my achievements and certificates with my network?
To download certificates of completion, pass the quick tests at the end of each course. You will receive a certificate in .PDF format. You can then decide to showcase your newly acquired skills by sharing the certificate file (or a screenshot of it) on your social media profiles! Many of the members of our TWB Community share their achievements on professional networks, such as LinkedIn or ProZ.

26 Likes

Hi @ClaudiaM, :raising_hand_woman:

:tada:Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful news with us! :star_struck: :new:

Recently, I discovered this new section on my profile page and found it to be very useful, which can enhance our skills considerably. :clap:

Best regards. Lilav.

3 Likes

Thanks for the information @ClaudiaM, this looks like a great resource! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Thanks for this amazing news @ClaudiaM!!!

I’ve just finished the Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for the TWB Community and I’m so exited to learn so much more! :grin: :grin: :grin: :pray:
Blessed week to us all! :pray:

2 Likes

This news it’s amazing, I completed all courses and I can’t wait for others to come. Thanks for this Learning Center, it is helping me to learn more about TWB and traslation, I hope I will be able to use all the things I learned in my next task!

2 Likes

Great initiative! :slightly_smiling_face: I am sure this will help the entire TWB community enhance their skills, and I look forward to start taking the new courses. Thank you so much! :heart:

2 Likes

Hello
I‘m new here, so I was trying to gain more experience and to better better understand the platform
through the learning center.
but whenever I try to take a course I‘m faced with a an error message saying " Error reading from database"
I can‘t access any of them

Is anyone else facing this problem or have an idea on how to solve it?

Hi Ahmed. I have never seen that message and I hope you get it resolved. Try emailing translators@translatorswithoutborders.org. I am facing a similar issue where I have completed one section of the Basic Translator Training, got a certificate for it, and I can’t access the other modules in the course. I have emailed TWB not so long ago about it.

Hope your query gets quickly resolved. Take care.

Hi Ahmed and Sahoy, and many thanks for your interest in our courses! There was actually a technical issue that was now solved, I believe everything will be working fine for you now :blush:

Do let us know if you need any further assistance! :dizzy:

2 Likes

Thanks for the replay Aya, I tried again and didn’t saw the reading from the database error
but I got a different one “Exception - Call to undefined function transliterator_transliterate()”

I still can’t access the courses :frowning:

IT IS WORKING NOW

I just refreshed the page a couple of times and now working I just enrolled in the introduction into humanitarian translation course.

Thank you :heart:

1 Like

Hi Ahmed, it’s great to hear that you managed to go through the course successfully :smiley: Hope you enjoy the course :blush:

Hello Claudia and everyone,

Could someone tell me how to access modules 2,3 and 4th on the basic translator training? I have done the 1st module but it does not open the rest.

Thanks,

Claudia

1 Like

Thanks so much for your response Aya. Much appreciated.

Hello, everyone!

I replied an email to the TWB Team on September 10th, 2023, telling about the issues I met with the completion of the Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for the TWB Community course. I then, received an automated answer from the TWB team asking me to edit on my profile page, if there was something to be updated. Also, I received 2 other emails: one, exactly the same as the first one, and a second one which has been reported to spam; it dated from September 13th, but I only came across it last Saturday; it has been identified as fishing. Therefore, I still have no idea of the validity of my certificate downloaded on September 9th, before checking if it was 100% complete. As explained in my email, I restarted the journey from the session pointed out by the computer, immediately after downloading, I reminded of checking its completion, and it was and is up to now, stuck in 66%. In my email, I asked for guidance. The email identified as fishing has been sent to me in name of TWB, offered me a certificate for download, but there was no signature, and I received alerts not to click anywhere. So, I’m scared and dizzy. Could someone kindly reach out? By the way, I started another course at TWB Learning Center and received a no reply email, asking me to edit on my profile page. Is it what the TWB does by default? Please, I’d like to also make sure of it. Sorry for the troubles, and thank you so much!

I need to join your project