Welcome to the TWB Community

Hello! Iā€™m so happy to be here!
Hope I can help being a translator volunteer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @rafaelaoliveirav :wave: Welcome to the TWB community! :partying_face:
Thanks for joining us :star2: Itā€™s lovely to have you onboard!
Donā€™t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions :wink:

2 Likes

Hello!
Iā€™m Irene and I really want to be part of this beautiful community. I will try to help with some translations. Thanks for all the work you do!

1 Like

Welcome @Irene5! :hugs:

Thank you for joining us :star2: I hope you find some tasks that interest you. I see youā€™ve taken a test to become verified. Thatā€™s wonderful! As soon as we have your results we will let you know.

If you havenā€™t already, have a look at our Translatorā€™s Toolkit :toolbox: There, you can learn more about TWB and how to get started :tada:

1 Like

my name is walter and Iā€™m here round these parts. Iā€™m trying to get started but when I look for english<> spanish language pair translation tasks it says there are none. Is this only happening to me? If so, what am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated!

2 Likes

Hi @rokyreid welcome to TWB! Thank you for introducing yourself :blush: Iā€™ve moved your post to a thread where you can meet fellow translators and have a read through some of the information posted here.

You correctly completed your profile, so Iā€™m sure youā€™re not doing anything wrong :wink: Sometimes it takes a little while for tasks to come your way, but Iā€™m sure some will appear for you soon.

In the meantime, have you read about our Introduction to Humanitarian Translation Course? In this course youā€™ll learn about humanitarian translation, the work and history of TWB, how to use KatĆ³ Platform :nerd_face:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Welcome to the Lounge

Hi,
My name is Nooh and I am new here.
I am a translator and an interpreter. My languages are Fulani, Krio( Sierra Leone), English, French, Turkish and Arabic. Iā€™ll be gad to collaborate and help out.
Thank you and happy to be here.

3 Likes

Good evening, @nooh.barrie :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

Welcome to our community! :partying_face: :tada: Weā€™re thrilled to have you here. :smiley:

Hereā€™s the Translatorā€™s Toolkit , where youā€™ll find all the information you need to get started. :toolbox:

:white_check_mark: By becoming a Verified KatĆ³ Translator, youā€™ll have access to many more tasks. Hereā€™s what you need to know: How to become a KatĆ³ Verified Translator?

Also, if you take the Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for KatĆ³ Translators course, youā€™ll get a free certificate. Taking this course is a great way to get started! :mortar_board:

Let us know in case you have any questions. Weā€™ll be happy to help you. :slight_smile:

Have a great evening, Nooh! :star2:

3 Likes

Welcome @nooh.barrie! What a warm welcome from your fellow translator @andfraz :star_struck: All the information Andreia provided is correct :muscle:

Happy translating :smiley: :pen:

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

I am super excited to be a new member of TWB. I am a professional translator since 2018 and my working languages are English, Chinese and French (my native language). I am currently finishing the online course on Humanitarian Communication and it comforts me in knowing this is exactly where I should be!
It is my pleasure to be able to help in any way I can :smile:

1 Like

Salut @berenicehimmelfarb! Welcome to the TWB community! :sunny:

Thank you for joining us, we are really happy to have you with us :heart_eyes:

Iā€™m glad you are enjoying the course and finding it relevant for your interests. Let us know if you have any questions, weā€™re happy to help :sunflower:

2 Likes

Hello everyone,
Please help me find the available courses on the platform.
And I have another question: where can I get more information about trust level?

1 Like

Hi @lujainb87,
you can find the most important course now that gives you a final certificate here: Notice
Then there are others here: TWB: Course categories
I hope this helps

5 Likes

ā€¦and here you can find something about trust levels: Understanding Discourse Trust Levels

4 Likes

Hi @lujainb87! @faretto5 is absolutely right on both accounts :slight_smile:
Your trust level is currently ā€œMemberā€ :blush:

3 Likes

Many thanks for you :heart_eyes::heart::heart::heart:
@JoannaW @faretto5

3 Likes

Hello TWB :slightly_smiling_face: Iā€™m glad to be a new member here. Nice to meet all of you.

1 Like

Hi @vannarybouy, welcome to the TWB community! :star2:

Itā€™s great to have you with us, thanks for joining :hugs:

If you havenā€™t yet, have a look at our Translatorā€™s Toolkit :toolbox: There, you can learn more about TWB and how to get started :tada:

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is Ɖmilie and I am a beginner translator.
I am happy to be part of the TWB community! I have been verified, I am so happy: smile:
But I have a question, can I be checked for multiple language combinations?

1 Like