Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for the TWB Community

Hi @Switzer-Matt,
thank you for reaching out. I believe we should tag our kind @Silvia_Mauri and @charlotte1 who hopefully will reply after the we.
Have a nice day, Matthew!
:dizzy:

1 Like

Oh, many thanks @faretto5 ! I thought it tagged the OP automatically when I hit ā€œReplyā€, but I guess not.

Noobie troubles :laughing:

Have a nice weekend :blush:

1 Like

Hi @Switzer-Matt !

Thanks for reaching out! The new course will have lots of updated information, so youā€™re welcome to take it again if you would like to :smiley:

Thank you @faretto5 for pinning us!

5 Likes

Will do, @charlotte1, many thanks :blush:

1 Like

Hello,

I am new to this platforn. I would like to take the Introduction course but I received a notifcation saying the course is unavailable to students;

Would really appreciate your help.

Regards,
Mikhaela

3 Likes

Hi @kwifo.mikhaela21 and welcome to our community!
I moved your message to this existing one. I read the first message of this thread and I see you are most possibly right. The course is being updated at the moment: this is why you cannot access it.
I hope this problem will be solved soon.
In the meantime have a nice day and thank you for your support!
L

3 Likes

Hi @kwifo.mikhaela21

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to TWB!

I can confirm what the kind @faretto5 has said, that the course is currently being updated :smiley:

Once the course has been updated, youā€™ll be able to enrol!

3 Likes

Hello.
I am new here and i am wondering how do i start or where do I find my first project to translate

1 Like

Hi @ashraf.m2000 and eelcome to our community! Iā€™m posting a link about how to find and claim a task:

I hope this helps.
Have a nice weekend!

1 Like

Hi @ashraf.m2000 :wave:

Firstly, welcome to TWB!

Iā€™d like to confirm what the kind @faretto5 has said, you can find information on how to How to find and claim tasks in our Translatorā€™s Toolkit.

The Toolkit has lots of useful resources to help you get started with TWB!

Let us know if you have any other questions, Ashraf :hugs:

1 Like

Great! When exactly in may

1 Like

Hi @marumbomkandawire

Firstly, welcome to the community :star_struck:

Iā€™m not sure when the new course will be available, but weā€™ll definitely announce it to our TWB community. So keep an eye out :eyes:

2 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m a novice here, I have completed the Course: Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for KatĆ³ Translators. But I donā€™t have the checkmarks, I took them again them but nothing has changed, my last score for the test was 75%. You guys that have more experience than me, please, What you recommend to do?

2 Likes

Hi @saraenriquez240,
thank you for reaching out and welcome to our community! You need to get 100% score to pass the test and get the final certificate. If you donā€™t get it the first time, you should try it again until you pass it.
I hope this helps.
:herb:

2 Likes

My concern is since I saw the results, I have been trying to correct my answers to get 100%score, I have updated my answers several times but the system still marks 75%
Any suggestions are highly appreciated, please. Thanks for your reply. :pray:

2 Likes

Dear Sara,
Iā€™m just tagging our kind @charlotte1 who will probably reply tomorrow.
I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Hi @saraenriquez240

Iā€™m sorry to hear youā€™re having issues with the course :thinking:

I think the problem is that youā€™re not enrolled in the course! You must follow step 2 in the instructions above:

:pushpin: 2. Enrol in the course:

Once your account is activated, you will be able to enroll in the course. Just go to the courseā€™s main page, click on the clog symbol, and then on ā€œenrol me in this courseā€.
Please note that if you do not enrol, the platform will not let you take the final quiz and you wonā€™t obtain the certificate.

Let me know if this sorts it out or if you have any other questions :smiley:

Thanks @faretto5 for pinning me :star2:

2 Likes

Hello @ClaudiaM! I have made an account but I cannot find the clog button to enrollā€¦the only button I see is the one that says ā€œTake the Courseā€ā€¦ is the Enroll button on that site too?

thanks!

Hi @marcediana

Firstly, welcome to the TWB Community :star_struck:

Sorry to hear you were having difficulties accessing the cog button. Iā€™ve just manually enrolled you in the course!

I hope you find the course interesting :smiley:

Hi, @charlotte1!

Sorry, I donā€™t know if anyone has experienced this before: the ā€œtake the testā€ button of the ā€œIntroduction to Humanitarian Translationā€ just takes me to the homepage, even though I have already gone through the course and answered each partial reflection, so I cannot actually finish the course. Would you kindly advise on what to do next, please?

Many thanks in advance :slight_smile: