Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for the TWB Community

Hi @Mariangelesm,
the most important diffeence between the two is that only th “Introduction…” will give you a final certificate.
I hope this helps!:herb:

2 Likes

I have just completed the course and wanted to thank you for the training provided. My previous occupations often required me to translate documents, but as I’m not a qualified translator I felt like a training course was much needed before starting to volunteer for TWB! This intro to translation definitely provided a lot of useful information.
Plus it was a nice surprise to see Moodle as the chosen e-learning platform, as I’ve spent four years using it for uni.
Now looking forward to taking the other two courses :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yes! Thank you very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Peter1, I’m glad you managed to take the course! :raised_hands:

Thank you for your feedback, it is very important for us and we’ll keep this in mind.

Let us know if you have any other comments or suggestions :wink:

1 Like

Hi @marcellaviale, thank you so much for this great feedback! :raised_hands:

I’m very glad to hear that you found the course useful and informative, wonderful! :sunny:

It’s quite handy when you are already familiar with a platform, isn’t it? :wink:

Thanks for joining us Marcella, and enjoy the other courses! :nerd_face:

1 Like

Such a great initiative to start with. I am so interested in this course, and I am planning to go further in humanitarian work.

3 Likes

Hi @Thaer_Al-Abdullah :wave:

We’re glad to hear you enjoyed the course and welcome to TWB! It’s great to have you as part of our community :star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you @charlotte1. It is a great pleasure to me.

2 Likes

Hello, I’m just coming to the end of the course. It’s been a really great introduction, both to the general framework of translation in a humanitarian context, and to the scope of TWB’s activities, and to how the Kató platform functions. I signed up a long time ago, but I didn’t really get the hang of it. Now I’m motivated to explore the platform in more depth, and hopefully put my language pairs to use :grin:

1 Like

Hello @Switzer-Matt, welcome to the community! :grinning:

I’m really glad to hear that you found the course interesting and that it motivated you to explore our platform a bit more! :star_struck:

Thanks a lot for sharing this feedback, and do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions :wink: :sunny:

2 Likes

All done - and got my certificate :sweat_smile:
It was really worthwhile and well-thought out, for such a short course. I’ve set myself quiet time this weekend to explore the platform, finish my profile, and get a better feel for the interface. Hope to be interacting and contributing soon!

Edit: One thing I would say about some of the course content (specifically, some of the videos) is that where there was text on the screen, it was very small and/or blurred, and hard to read. I don’t know if that’s because of my screen settings, or if it’s a general observation. But in most cases it was fine, because most of the videos were available on YouTube :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Congratulations on completing the course, @Switzer-Matt! :partying_face:

Thank you so much for this interesting feedback, it’s really important for us! We’ll surely take your input into consideration :hugs:

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments :sunny:

3 Likes

I’m delighted to have successfully completed this course today. I thought it gave a very useful overview of humanitarian translation as well as helpful, practical details on using the platform.

I look forward to contributing my translation skills to the work of TWB in due course.

4 Likes

Hi @Carol_Bagshawe :wave:

Firstly, welcome to TWB!

We’re glad to hear you enjoyed the course :star_struck:

I’m sure you’ll be able to find some interesting projects to get involved with! Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions, or you can always post on the TWB Community Forum :sparkles:

Have a great day, Carol :sunflower:

3 Likes

Hi,

I am waiting for a new course, I hope the next month the same (updated) or a new course for translators will be available! :blush: :star_struck:

2 Likes

Hi @Rose.Marie :wave:

Thanks for your interest :pray: keep an eye out for the new course :eyes:

1 Like

Hi there!

Just joined in the TWB community and would be interested in doing the Introduction to Humanitarian Translation course in May 21. Is there any way I could set an alert so I make sure I don’t miss it? Many thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @pinoescurin :wave:

Firstly welcome to the TWB Community!

Once we have more information about the updated course, we’ll post it here. So keep an eye out :eyes:

1 Like

Many thanks for your quick reply and welcome! Will do! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Gloria! I just saw your post with the “April 2021 news”. Is this course/certificate being updated to reflect the change to Memsource? If so, it could be worth taking it again, after the transition!
:man_teacher:t4:

1 Like