How to open a translation or revision task in the Phrase TMS Web Editor

The Phrase TMS Editor for Web is the web-based translation workbench. It does not require any installation, but users must be connected to the internet to use it.

The Phrase TMS Editor for Web will open automatically when you click on the green button Translate using Phrase TMS or Revise using Phrase TMS that you find under tasks in your Claimed tasks page.
|692px;x305px;

Learn how to work in the Phrase TMS Editors in these threads:

18 Likes

Hi,
I have been given a login by TWB for Memsource, but I havenā€™t been given a password. Also, I am not sure how the Trommons website and Memsource connect. In addition, the last task I tried to claim was revoked after it said that it wasnā€™t available on Memsource. Therefore, I am quite confused.
Thanks.
Regards,
Rachel Green

5 Likes

Hi @Rachel_Green,
thank you for reaching out. I have moved your message to this existing one.
I hope this might be useful.
:dizzy:

2 Likes

Hi @Rachel_Green

Thanks for your questions!

Your login with Memsource is directly related to the TWB Platform, so once you claim a task you will be able to access that task in Memsource by following the available links! You wonā€™t need to login and donā€™t need to set up a password :+1:

Iā€™m sorry to hear a task was revoked! It could be that the project was set up incorrectly because weā€™re starting out with Memsource too so there may be little glitches here and there :smiley:

If in the future a task is revoked, you can always reach out to the project manager to ask why by posting on the relevant project thread!

I hope Iā€™ve managed to clear things up for you, Rachel :blush:

Thank you @faretto5 for moving the post to this thread and helping a fellow translator out :star_struck:

4 Likes

Hi
Hope you are well

I didnā€™t find the button of revise using Memsource to start do my task on Memsource so what I should do?
I need a help

2 Likes

Hi @millanberry,
thank you for reaching out. You should probably wait till you get an e-mail notifying that the translation is ready to be revised.
I hope this helps.
:herb:

2 Likes

Hi @millanberry

I can confirm what the kind @faretto5 has said, that the translation for the Chunk hasnā€™t yet been completed and so you are not able to access the link to revise the text!

Once the translation has been completed, youā€™ll receive an email inviting you to start revising the Chunk :email: :+1:

Please donā€™t start the task until you receive this email because otherwise you could start revising the Chunk before the translation has finished translating.

Thanks for your support on the project, Manal :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you Charlotte for your clarification, yeah
now Iā€™ve got the message.

1 Like

Thank you a lot faretto5

1 Like

your answer is very helpful so thank you a lot faretto5

1 Like

Hi
I have claimed a task to translate, but when I click on ā€œTranslate using Memsourceā€ it leads me to a page where it says ā€œSorry, we were not able to find a user for you. Please contact your System Administratorā€. What should I do?
Thank you

Hi @sarasilva !

We are currently investigating an issue with the login subsystem of Memsource and TWB Platform. We are doing our best to have it back up and running as soon as possible!

I just checked in the system and I think the issue with your account should be resolved. Could you please confirm that you are now able to access Memsource on your end? You can check this by clicking on the ā€œTranslate in Memsourceā€ button in your Claimed Tasks section in TWB Platform.

Best,
Manuel

2 Likes

Hello!
The task with which I was having issues has now disappeared from my ā€œclaimed tasksā€ tab.
I have another one that I had claimed and it is working fine.

Hi @sarasilva

Iā€™m glad to hear that you were able to access the new task on Memsource! Sorry for any inconvenience with the previous task :slightly_smiling_face:

Iā€™m pinning @Manuel to keep him in the loop!

1 Like

Hi, I hope you are doing well. I am new here and I want to ask when can I be able to claim tasks/projects, I see the lock sign for each project ,what does this mean?

2 Likes

Hello @Fadia1 and welcome to TWB!

I can confirm that your profile is complete, and that the language pair English to Arabic is listed in your profile :white_check_mark: This should make you able to claim tasks in this language pair :+1:

You can refer to this thread to learn how to find and claim tasks :smiley:

Also, you may find it useful to take a look at the Translatorā€™s Toolkit to learn more about TWB Platform :toolbox:

Remember that the homepage only shows tasks available at the time you are looking :eyes: If you cannot see any tasks in your language pair, donā€™t worry. We post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out! :wink:

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any questions :sunflower:

1 Like

Hi @Aya.Alrifai @ClaudiaM,
I am having problems with Memsource. A couple of days ago, I have claimed 4 tasks but, until now, I have not been able to translate any of them because any time I click on ā€˜translate using Memsourceā€™ the page is blank.
What can I do?

Thanks in advance,

Alessandra

P.s. the tasksā€™ deadline is tomorrow 04/02

Hi @Alex9 and thank you for reaching out!

I believe that everything is working fine now, could you please confirm that the tasks are accessible for you?

1 Like

Hi @Aya.Alrifai thank you for your reply.

Yes, Iā€™ve been able to complete the tasks, even if I had to do it past the deadline.
I hope that in the future, I wonā€™t have problems with Memsource again.

All the best,

Alessandra