How to find tasks on TWB platform

Thanks so much for the information.

1 Like

Well, thanks Paulo. I just finished my first Ted Talk translation project. Also, I have translated 1,444 words in Coursera. I am gaining some experience…lol :smiley: :yum:

Regards,

3 Likes

hi, how can i get tasks ? can anybody help me ?

2 Likes

Hi @almslmany.nouhad

You can refer to this section of our manual to learn more about how to find and claim tasks :innocent:

2 Likes

Hello, I have registered as a volunteer here 4 days ago. I still havent received any tasks yet, is this an error?

1 Like

Hi, @vojinmilenkovic07! :wave:

Our colleague had a similar question, I think you should visit this topic.

If you want more opportunities, you can try to be a verified translator.

Happy translating! :writing_hand:

3 Likes

Hi, I am new to TWB and no tasks have appeared on my homepage yet. My language pairs are Arabic- English, English- Arabic, and French- Arabic. Is it because I’m new? or is there any setting I should apply?

2 Likes

No worries, the tasks on twb are like buses, either none come for ages, or … well you can finish the sentence yourself, just check more often
have fun

5 Likes

Oh, okay. I thought there was something off with my account. Thanks for replying!

Hello @SaoussenCh :raising_hand_woman:, and welcome here to the TWB Community! :star_struck: :tada:

If you didn’t find any tasks on your homepage, it simply means that there are no available tasks in your language pairs.

And If you’d like, you can sign up to receive daily task stream emails. You will receive an email when tasks are available in your language pairs. :envelope_with_arrow:

:round_pushpin: Here is a full guide to learn how to use this platform efficiently:

We are truly glad to have you here! :dizzy: :star2:

Nice to meet you :relaxed: & Happy translation! :memo:

Best regards. Lilav.

4 Likes

Hi there,
I need some help: I have just joined TWB today, and I can’t wait to start offering my assistance translating En > Vi; however, I can not find Vietnamese among the target languages. Am I doing something wrong, or has not Vietnamese been supported as a target language?
I would appreciate it if someone could check this issue.
Nam

Hi, @NamHoang! :wave:

Our colleague had a similar question, I think you should visit this topic.

If you want more opportunities, you can try to be a verified translator.

Happy translating! :writing_hand:

2 Likes

Hey @NamHoang You are not doing anything wrong. At times when you see your language is not in the target language, it means there are no available tasks at that time. But keep checking regularly for when they are available.

3 Likes

Hi, I can’t find Arabic and Spanish tasks, these languages are not in the list? I don’t know how it works.

1 Like

Hello! Since other people have asked the same question, I am moving your message here.

If you didn’t find any tasks on your homepage, it simply means that there are no available tasks in your language pairs. If you can translate from English into Arabic, I’d recommend adding that combination too to your profile.

:round_pushpin: You can check some tutorials on this here and also our manual here.

1 Like

It has been a while that I did not find any translation. Keep coming and check regularly :slight_smile:

Hello Meline, thanks for letting us know! I checked your profile and I see you are subscribed to daily notifications, so you should receive an email every day that there are tasks available for you.
I see there are many tasks for English to French at the moment, one of my colleagues posted a project not even 1h ago. If you are quick enough, I am sure you can get one! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Ambra,

I don’t receive notifications anymore :confused:

I thought it was because there weren’t many tasks at the moment. I have connect right now and ‘There are currently no tasks available for your language combinations.’ I am probably too late, I hope I am still registered to receive ENG to FR tasks.

Hi Meline, thank you for your reply. Can you please check if the emails are going into your spam folder or any other folder? I hear that we have had issues with the email notifications from time to time, and they were not arriving in time, or at all, even if the person was subscribed to daily notifications. I will raise this with our Tech team.

I just checked and indeed all tasks posted yesterday for French are claimed. I see there is one new task for French available at the moment.

1 Like

Hello Ambra,
I am having the same problem as Meline (MR777). I used to receive email notifications regularly and it stopped at the end of the Summer. I thought it was because of a lack of tasks. I check regularly the website, my spams folder, and I registered for daily notifications. I am also translating from English to French, and Dutch to French. The last notification I received was in August, for a task I claimed and translated. Since then, nothing. In advance thank you for your reply and help :slight_smile:

1 Like