Asking for a certificate

Yes it does, thank you so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Silvia_Mauri ,

I have crossed the threshold of 20 000 words. Could you please write a reference letter? :blush:
Iā€™ve read that you usually include the word count and the NGO partners a person contributed to. Can I also ask you to mention the combinations of the languages I am working with, and my real name? :cherry_blossom: Rose Marie is my nickname. :blush:

Hi @Rose.Marie, congratulations on reaching this threshold! :tada:

Of course, Iā€™ll be happy to put together a reference letter for you in the following week; as you rightly said, it will include the date you joined TWB, your word count, the NGO partners you contributed to, and the language pairs you worked with :blush:

I will mention the name you used to register your TWB profile, is that okay?

Thanks for your support Rose Marie :tulip: :sunflower:

1 Like

@Silvia_Mauri,

Yes, please mention in the reference letter what youā€™ve written here. :+1: Thank you so much! :slightly_smiling_face: :green_heart:

Perfect! :+1: Iā€™ll reach out to you @Rose.Marie as soon as itā€™s ready :upside_down_face: :envelope_with_arrow:

1 Like

Hello, I know that translators are eligible for a reference letter once we hit the 20,000 word mark, but Iā€™ve recently seen a new TWB translator with between 4,000 and 5,000 words, in receipt of something that looks like a reference letter, too.

Or perhaps itā€™s a ā€œconfirmation of contributionā€? What is the difference?

Thanks for any advice!

Hello @Silvia_Mauri , i hope youā€™re well! Could you help with my query, or redirect if Iā€™m asking in the wrong place? Thanks so much :pray:t3:

1 Like

Hi @Switzer-matt and thank you for asking this good question! :+1:

As you rightly said, the reference letter is issued when a translator reaches 20000 as word count. However, the letter can be provided before reaching this threshold in very exceptional cases, for example, when a volunteer translates to a language that rarely has tasks, or when there is an urgent need for it by the volunteer who requests it. We review the requests we have on a case-by-case basis to decide the possibility of providing the letters :innocent:

As for the confirmation of contribution, it means the eligibility for adding the name, title, and email address of TWBā€™s Senior Community Officer, Ambra Sottile, in the volunteerā€™s CV/resume/job application. When Ambra is contacted by an institution the volunteer applies to work for, she can verify the contribution of the volunteer with TWB :white_check_mark:

I hope that I could give you a clear answer, please let us know if you need more clarification on our recognition program :dizzy:

2 Likes

Hello @Aya.Alrifai , thanks for the detailed response, thatā€™s very helpful :star_struck:

So the confirmation of contribution is not actually a document that an individual TWB translator would requestā€”itā€™s more like permission to cite the TWB senior community officer as a referee?

Iā€™ll have a look at the recognition program page tooā€”thanks for the link!

Best,
Matt

Edit: I think it was a ā€œconfirmation of hours contributedā€ that I was referring to (min. 1000 words), which is different to the Recognition Program. Question answered. Thanks again!

2 Likes

Youā€™re right @Switzer-Matt :+1: as for service hours, these can be confirmed in two ways:

:white_check_mark: If the translator asks to calculate their working hours and include them in their reference letter (thatā€™s why the letter you saw included service hours :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

:white_check_mark: If the Senior Community Officer is added as a referee and contacted to confirm the contribution of a translator with the organization

What we do is ā€œconvertā€ the words a volunteer contributes into hours. In general, we consider that a novice translator can translate approximately 200 words per hour :clock1: (min. 1000 words)

Also upon request, and according to the case, we can provide short ā€œwritten confirmation of contributionā€ :newspaper:

I hope this gave even more clarification for our recognition rewards :innocent:

2 Likes

:star_struck: many thanks @Aya.Alrifai, youā€™ve answered this question and possibly most of my future questions, too :laughing:

Have a nice Thursday and weekend!
Matt

2 Likes

Hi @Aya.Alrifai
May I claim for a reference letter ??

Thank you

Hi @Kholood

Sure! Please send us an email to translators@translatorswithoutborders.org so we follow up with your request :blush:

1 Like

@Aya.Alrifai
Thank you :hibiscus:

1 Like

Hello @Aya.Alrifai
I requested a certificate and a reference letter several days ago and I am waiting to receive them. I have translated for some NGOs on TWB Workspace which are not mentioned in my Kato profile. Would you please let me know if these NGOs are also mentioned in my certificate and reference letter?
Thanks

Hi @OmidShabani and thank you for reaching out!

To answer your question, the complete list of NGOs will surely be included in the reference letter as the information of the letter are taken from both Kato and Workspace platforms. Only this list will not be mentioned in the certificate due to the limitation of the number of words; mainly, the certificate is a form to confirm the total hours of volunteer activity. You will receive the certificate and the reference letter today or tomorrow to know more about the information mentioned in both rewards :innocent:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your response.
Iā€™m happy to hear that :star_struck:

1 Like

Hello there,

Iā€™d like to ask for a certification of volunteer activity and a reference letter because Iā€™m applying for a job. Well, I really need them.
Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Fiorela

1 Like

Hi @fsantur.tradin, we would be happy to provide you with what you ask! Please, send an email to recognition@translatorswithoutborders so we can follow up with your request :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you @Eleonora I really appreciate :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am a Burmese translator and I want a reference letter for the position of interpreter and translator right now. As I see on my twb profile, I have already donated about 29,643 WC. Whom should I contact for this help?