The Translator's Toolkit

Hello @Angela2 and welcome to our community! :tada:

I can see that you successfully completed your registration on our platform, this should help you find tasks in your language pairs :white_check_mark:

It’s surely normal if you sometimes don’t find tasks, the availability of tasks varies from time to time, but we always post new tasks :dizzy:

I would recommend keeping an eye on the homepage and following these instructions to sign up to receive email notifications when tasks are available, this can increase your chance to find tasks :wink:

You can also check our Translator’s Manual to learn more about our workflow :woman_technologist:

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out :sunflower:

4 Likes

Hello. I would like to change my email to “thalysonteixeira20@gmail.com”. Would that be possible?

Hi @ThalysonTeixeira this is done :blush:

1 Like

Hello, I am English to Amharic and Tigrinya translator. I have donated 976 words when I started but after that I have been waiting to get a task but I didn’t. I need help

Hey @mahletmekonen Thanks for your support so far and so sorry that you have not had access to tasks recently. The number of tasks available usually depends on the needs of our partners so we do not have much control over that. I see you have your notifications set to daily so you will surely receive an email notification once there are available tasks in your language pairs. Keep an eye out! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you! Very useful details. I found video of translation process at TWB demo really helpful.

Hi! I’m new to TWB (although I’ve had an account for quite some time, I didn’t try to claim any assignments until now), but I can’t see any available tasks showing up on my homepage. I’ve been checking almost every day for like two weeks with no luck yet.

Is there an issue with my account, or is the amount of work really low lately? I would appreciate some guidance on how to claim my first task. Thank you!

Hey @mariomuchacho.mm , Everything looks good on your profile so it’s just there are not so many tasks available at this moment. But keep an eye out, I am sure something will turn up soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I am always getting low feedback and stars regarding design and style.
Please, I need guidance for this issue as I still don’t know what I am supposed to do or change regarding them and what things should I pay attention to.

Thanks.
@Aya.Alrifai

1 Like

Hey @JoelleDebes Here are a few threads you could look at to understand more about the feedback. Here is one for design and here is one for style. As long as you have three or more stars, you are good to go. I hope this will give you a better understanding and overview and (maybe) some tips for future tasks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Joelle! Many thanks for your keenness on improving your translation skills! Kindly refer to my colleague Meg’s message to find the information that can be helpful for you, you can also check our Arabic style guide :blush:

Do let us know if you need any further assistance :dizzy:

1 Like

Hello,

Could you please tell me how can I leave a general comment (not about a specific segment) to the translator when I am revising a task referring to the mistakes so that he/she can avoid them in the upcoming tasks?

Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face:

@Aya.Alrifai

2 Likes

Hi Joelle, thanks a lot for following up on this - it’s a great question.

Once you have submitted a revision task, you will receive an email inviting you to leave some brief constructive feedback and a score for the translator! The subject is “TWB Platform: Task Successfully Completed”. In there, you should see a phrase saying: Please submit your feedback at this link. All you have to do is click on the link in the email that will take you to the feedback page.

Thanks for being part of TWB’s community! Your volunteer work will help people around the world access information in a language they can understand.

1 Like

Hey @Murzal How are you?
I just wanted to flag that we no longer have the test for verification and we are actually moving away from verification status all together. At this point therefore it would not be an option to take the verification test unfortunately :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: Thank you for the suggestion all together,

1 Like

Hi, I’m waiting for an opportunity to claim a task.
It has no task English into Portuguese Br?
When I receive a task on my e-mail it’s already claimed in progress then I can’t join with them!

Hey @me5 , I think you already posted this in another thread and got a response?

i just deleted it .you were so right :smiley:

Hi, I completed the work and click COMPLETE but still I receive an email want me to transilate the task. is there any other way to submit the task? Please help because the deadline was yesterday and I thought that I submitted the work.

Hey @nimfafrance ,

Before clicking ”Complete” you might need to run a QA check. So, In Phrase’s CAT web editor (where you worked on your translation), look at the pane on the right; there are several tabs there: “CAT”, “Search”, “QA”, “Changes”, “More”, “Comments”, “LQA”. Click on “QA”, then on “Run”. There will be a list of errors that you need to check. Some of them might be false positives (correct segments wrongly flagged as errors - example here) in which case you just click “Ignore”. After you finish with all the errors flagged during the QA check, you can click “Complete” and you will receive an email about successfully submitting your task.

You can also go to your TWB platform profile, go to the tab “Claimed tasks” and find your task. The last line in the information about it is “Discuss this task on TWB Community”. Click that link and you will be redirected to the project’s TWB Community page, where you can discuss with other translators and revisers involved in the project, as well as the Project Manager. From there, you can also find out the email address of the PM, and contact them about your problem, they are quick to answer and happy to help :slight_smile:

Happy translating!
Elena

1 Like

Hey @nimfafrance , How are you? I see that you managed to complete the task as there is none in your claimed tasks, yes?