Spanish Language week: join our webinars and contest!

Translators without Borders is delighted to announce that we are dedicating one full week to connect with our wonderful Spanish community :loudspeaker:

This is your chance to learn more about our work, win prizes, show your translation skills, and meet our staff and fellow translators.

This is what we have prepared for you:

• A Spanish translation contest. Your translation will be evaluated by other participants, as well as our Language Associates. The two best translations will win a prize, and receive a certificate. All participants who reach a score of 17+ (out of 25) will become Verified Translators if they aren’t already.
    :spiral_calendar: You will have until Monday, 17 May to submit your translation and be the winner.
    :trophy: Will it be you? Participate at this link.
    :clap: You can find the winning translations here.

• A series of webinars:

• :mega: Manuel, our Quality Coordinator, presented the resources available on Memsource. Hear about Translation Memories, Terminology Bases, non-translatable Matches, and Quality Estimation here.

• :mega: Ivana, our Spanish Language Associate, presented the Spanish Style Guide. The Style Guide is your ally for all your Spanish language work at TWB! You can also send comments to improve the Style Guide. See the recording here, and find all relevant materials here.

• :mega: Ana, the Project Coordinator, presented the chatbot we are working on, together with IOM, to help migrants and refugees communicate in Mexico, Peru and Ecuador. Watcht the recording here.

28 Likes

Awesome! I’m looking forward to participating in all of those activities next week :smiley:

10 Likes

Oh thats exciting! I dont know how I missed this post​:tada::balloon::tada::balloon:

9 Likes

Great! :ok_hand: I’ve just registered for the webinars!

8 Likes

That sounds great! Thank you! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Hey @charlotte1 ! I’ll be glad to participate.
Where do I review colleagues’ translations in order to be elligible for Verified translator certificate ?
I apologise for bothering, I’m new. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I am very excited about this incredible opportunity :partying_face: :partying_face:

6 Likes

Hi @Hermenaut

Thanks for your question and welcome to the TWB community :star_struck:

Once you have submitted your translation, you should receive a link to review other translations. Let me know if you haven’t received this link!

Also, just a reminder that the deadline for the translation contest is today :eyes:

So make sure you submit your translation if you haven’t already :smiley:

4 Likes

Helllo @charlotte1

Is there a time zone for deadline?

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Hermenaut

Unfortunately, I’m not sure which time zone the deadline was in. However, the translation contest is already closed!

I hope you were able to submit your translation, Uriel :pray:

2 Likes

Hi @charlotte1, done on time (apparently and assuming western time zone was available since I could submit & review before last Monday’s 00:00 Hrs Mexico time zone).
I’m very grateful and excited about such event.
Best of luck for all!

4 Likes

That’s great to hear @Hermenaut!

Thank you for taking part in our Spanish Language Week :smiley: :star_struck:

3 Likes

Thank you to @ambra and all the organisers and speakers.
I really enjoyed it.

5 Likes

When will we know the results from the translation contest?

2 Likes

Hi @tanyalwade

Thanks for following up!

Because of the great participation of the TWB community, it’s taking a little longer to get through the submissions. However, we’ll have the results soon and will share them with the community as soon as possible :smiley:

Thanks for your patience, Tanya!

5 Likes

Thanks so much Charlotte!

2 Likes

Hello @charlotte1,

How’s it going?

I would like to know the results of the contest, because I participated and I have no information about it. Please if you have any information, I would be very grateful.

I look forward to hearing from you soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

Take care,

Fio

1 Like

Hi @fsantur.tradin

Thanks for reaching out!

Once we have the results of the contest we’ll update the community :smiley:

Given the great participation of the community, it’s taking a little longer than usual for us to have the results. So thank you for your patience, Fio :pray:

1 Like

Thank you so much @charlotte1, I hope will be soon. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

A little update that we have notified the two winners of the translation contest by email, and we will share their submissions tomorrow, 1 July. :trophy:

:medal_sports: We will also have a list of honorable mentions for the translators who received the highest scores, and upgrade them to verified in the upcoming days.

8 Likes