Payment process

Hi
I just joined the Hindi Team, and I claimed my first task. but before moving forward i want to know about the payment process, like how will i be paid, what will be the payment term and who will be the contact person, if I face any issue.

Hi @Atul.Gupta, and welcome to the TWB community! :wave:

We are all here volunteered translators and reviewers :star_struck:, so there is no payment method.

:white_check_mark: After we complete our translation or revising tasks that we have claimed, we get some feedback, but leaving feedback on translation tasks is not obligatory, so you will find so many translation tasks had been reviewed without any feedback.

Then the word count will be updated: it can take up to 24 hours for your badge (the words donated count) to be up to date with the last task you submitted.

And if you would like, you can check TWB General Recognition Program for KatĂł Translators, :arrow_right: through this thread

Have a great day! :dizzy: :sparkles:

Best regards. Lilav.

10 Likes

Hello, @Atul.Gupta.

In addition to what Lilav said, I would humbly ask you look at this and the following comment – something I wrote in a thread almost a year ago.

Personally, I don’t think you’d find a better cost-free place for learning various aspects of translation and language usage. Moreover, you’ll have FREE access to Memsource – one of the best CAT tools in market – to complete your TWB tasks.

If you’re a novice, TWB community will help you build up your skills (not only translation; you will exchange emails with different project managers, you’ll learn how they manage projects and such).

If you’re already a pro, trust me, you’ll learn (and teach, too) from many passionate neophytes and experts.

Finally, welcome to our wonderful community!

Best,
Sifat

12 Likes

Hi @Atul.Gupta

Firstly welcome to the TWB Community :star_struck:

I can confirm what the kind @Lilav_Alarashi and @sifatnoor have said! Thank you both for helping out a fellow translator and for providing such a warm welcome :sun_with_face:

TWB is a non-profit organization offering language and translation support for humanitarian and development agencies, and other non-profit organizations. As such, money payments are generally not part of our workflows.

In very rare instances, we may have paid projects depending on the word count, turnaround time and type of document. However, this would be an exceptional circumstance. In that case, we would certainly inform our volunteer community. :loudspeaker:

Of course, it is extremely important for us that translators feel motivated and supported, and that we express our gratitude for the work they do. As such, we have created a General Recognition Program for all KatĂł Translators. You can find out more about this program by visiting our thread on the recognition program :trophy:

We also have a section in KatĂł Community called Opportunities for Translators/Interpreters , where we post both paid and unpaid opportunities for translators!

And as Sifat mentioned, we hope that the learning experience of TWB is helpful for all translators and can benefit them in various ways :hugs:

9 Likes

Agree 100% You learn so mush so its worthwhile

1 Like