Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for the TWB Community

Will do, @charlotte1, many thanks :blush:

1 Like

Hello,

I am new to this platforn. I would like to take the Introduction course but I received a notifcation saying the course is unavailable to students;

Would really appreciate your help.

Regards,
Mikhaela

3 Likes

Hi @kwifo.mikhaela21 and welcome to our community!
I moved your message to this existing one. I read the first message of this thread and I see you are most possibly right. The course is being updated at the moment: this is why you cannot access it.
I hope this problem will be solved soon.
In the meantime have a nice day and thank you for your support!
L

3 Likes

Hi @kwifo.mikhaela21

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to TWB!

I can confirm what the kind @faretto5 has said, that the course is currently being updated :smiley:

Once the course has been updated, you’ll be able to enrol!

3 Likes

Hello.
I am new here and i am wondering how do i start or where do I find my first project to translate

1 Like

Hi @ashraf.m2000 and eelcome to our community! I’m posting a link about how to find and claim a task:

I hope this helps.
Have a nice weekend!
:dizzy:

1 Like

Hi @ashraf.m2000 :wave:

Firstly, welcome to TWB!

I’d like to confirm what the kind @faretto5 has said, you can find information on how to How to find and claim tasks in our Translator’s Toolkit.

The Toolkit has lots of useful resources to help you get started with TWB!

Let us know if you have any other questions, Ashraf :hugs:

1 Like

Great! When exactly in may

1 Like

Hi @marumbomkandawire

Firstly, welcome to the community :star_struck:

I’m not sure when the new course will be available, but we’ll definitely announce it to our TWB community. So keep an eye out :eyes:

2 Likes

Hello, I’m a novice here, I have completed the Course: Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for Kató Translators. But I don’t have the checkmarks, I took them again them but nothing has changed, my last score for the test was 75%. You guys that have more experience than me, please, What you recommend to do?

2 Likes

Hi @saraenriquez240,
thank you for reaching out and welcome to our community! You need to get 100% score to pass the test and get the final certificate. If you don’t get it the first time, you should try it again until you pass it.
I hope this helps.
:herb:

2 Likes

My concern is since I saw the results, I have been trying to correct my answers to get 100%score, I have updated my answers several times but the system still marks 75%
Any suggestions are highly appreciated, please. Thanks for your reply. :pray:

2 Likes

Dear Sara,
I’m just tagging our kind @charlotte1 who will probably reply tomorrow.
I hope this helps.
:dizzy:

2 Likes

Hi @saraenriquez240

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues with the course :thinking:

I think the problem is that you’re not enrolled in the course! You must follow step 2 in the instructions above:

:pushpin: 2. Enrol in the course:

Once your account is activated, you will be able to enroll in the course. Just go to the course’s main page, click on the clog symbol, and then on “enrol me in this course”.
Please note that if you do not enrol, the platform will not let you take the final quiz and you won’t obtain the certificate.

Let me know if this sorts it out or if you have any other questions :smiley:

Thanks @faretto5 for pinning me :star2:

2 Likes

Hello @ClaudiaM! I have made an account but I cannot find the clog button to enroll…the only button I see is the one that says “Take the Course”… is the Enroll button on that site too?

thanks!

Hi @marcediana

Firstly, welcome to the TWB Community :star_struck:

Sorry to hear you were having difficulties accessing the cog button. I’ve just manually enrolled you in the course!

I hope you find the course interesting :smiley:

Hi, @charlotte1!

Sorry, I don’t know if anyone has experienced this before: the “take the test” button of the “Introduction to Humanitarian Translation” just takes me to the homepage, even though I have already gone through the course and answered each partial reflection, so I cannot actually finish the course. Would you kindly advise on what to do next, please?

Many thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi @Sergio_TL94

Firstly, welcome to the TWB community :star_struck: :star2:

I’m sorry to hear you’re having difficulties taking the test. When it takes you back to the homepage and you scroll down, you should be able to access the test underneath the “Test Yourself” heading!

Let me know if you cannot access the test via that link :smiley:

Hi again, @charlotte1

Thank you for the welcome!

I’m afraid the link doesn’t work for me. This is what appears on my screen: “Restricted Not available unless: The activity Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for the TWB Community! is marked complete”.

Best regards,

Sergio.

1 Like

Hi @Sergio_TL94

Hmm thanks for double-checking on that!

I’m pinning @ClaudiaM who may be able to assist further with this :thinking: