How to start translating?

@Hind.Salah to translate tasks with TWB, you need to use our CAT tool, Kató TM. These links will help you learn how to use Kató TM: video tutorial, FAQs, Do’s and Don’ts.

When you’ve complete the task, follow these instructions to submit the task :fast_forward:

If you haven’t already done so, have a look at our welcome pack for more information on getting started with us :dizzy:

1 Like

I have watched this video already, and did exactly what it was said there, BUT I couldn’t find my translated task there !!! Where is my translation?? I spent the whole night translating this task and now I cant find my translation!! Could you PLEASE tell me where can I find my translation !!

Hi @Hind.Salah,
if you have already submitted a translation, you won’t be able to find it. The only way you can save it, is by pressing the botton of “download translation” that appears when you have ended your task at the top of the Kato TM.
If you go to your “claimed tasks” section, though, you could filter your task status to “complete” and see all the tasks that you have submitted so far, but not the actual translation. Tomorrow you will see the result of your translation thanks to the increased number of donated words on your profile. You might also receive feedback from a fellow translator in the next few days.
I really hope this helps. Best. L

2 Likes

Good evening, @Hind.Salah :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

In case you haven’t deleted your browser history, you may be able to download your translation. All you need to do is look :face_with_monocle: for the link to Kató TM, access it and download your translation. :white_check_mark:

But please don’t introduce any changes in Kató TM. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps.

Have a great weekend. :hibiscus: :leaves:

1 Like

I am not sure if it was submitted, I went to “claimed tasks” and then to “complete” but I did not find anything! although I have finished the translation process. so what do you think?
I need to make sure if it was submitted ASAP.

1 Like

Hi again, @Hind.Salah :slight_smile:

Is it possible you filtered the revising tasks by accident?

Try to have a look again. Once you filter the translation tasks, look carefully and see if it isn’t really there. Sometimes, we need to scroll down for a few times to find the task we’re looking for.

Please let me know if this works. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Hind.Salah,
how many tasks have you claimed? Joanna said she could see one unsubmitted translation. Anything else, as far as you remember? Cheers

1 Like

@Hind.Salah, @andfraz and @faretto5 thank you all so much for this lovely exchange :star_struck:

@Hind.Salah I’m sorry you haven’t been able to find your translation. So let’s start again :slight_smile: You say you have already translated “Chunk 1 of Peace Almanac - Part 1” and you cannot find it. Did you use our CAT tool, Kató TM to translate the task?

If so, did you click “Translated” when you completed each segment? :white_check_mark: You must click “Translated” to save your translation.

I’ve just had a look and the Kató TM for your chunk is empty. Could you enter your translation into the Kató TM? To access it, simply click “Translate using Kató TM” under the task in your claimed tasks.

Thank you for sticking with this Hind! Let us know if you have any other questions :dizzy:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Peace Almanac - Part 1

Hey,
I’ve tried searching for any urdu to english translation task since last week but i don’t seem to find any. Can you please help me in this regard?

2 Likes

Hi @syedale98 and welcome to our community!
I can only tell you that finding tasks is not so easy especially in certain combinations. Anyway, tasks are posted regularly. You only need to keep an eye out :eyes:
I hope this helps.
Have a lovely day
:shamrock:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot. I am just new to the community so just wanted to be sure that i am not missing anything out. Thanks for clarifying!

2 Likes

Hi @syedale98, first of all, welcome to the community! :partying_face:

I’m sorry you were not able to find many tasks in your language combination. The homepage only shows you the tasks available at the moment you are looking, so if you don’t see any tasks, it means that currently there are no available tasks :slightly_smiling_face:

However, as the kind @faretto5 said, we post new tasks regularly, so keep an eye on our homepage :wink:

If you haven’t yet, please take a look at our Translator’s Toolkit; there, you’ll find much useful information to get started with us :toolbox:

Thanks for your support! Let us know if you have any other questions :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes