How to become a TWB Verified Translator?

Hi @marcediana, thank you for your message :slight_smile: I’ve moved it to this thread where you have more information on how to become verified :top:

I am sorry you were not able to work on many tasks recently :confused: the homepage only shows you available tasks at the time you are looking, so if you don’t see any tasks, it means that currently there are no available tasks in your language pair.

However, we post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out! :eyes:

I see you signed up to receive weekly task email notifications; if you would like to receive more frequent updates, follow these steps to edit your notification settings :wink:

Thank you for your support! Let us know if you have any other questions :sunny:

Hey everyone, I’m trying to become a Kato verified translator, but like many of you, the tasks in my language seem to be unavailable. I have registered myself for email notifications in case any tasks pop up but when I checked the Kato site today to make sure there really were no tasks available, I noticed that my language was removed from the array of “Target Language” options. Does this mean that Kato is no longer a viable option for me to become a translator?

Hi,
I wouldn’t think so :thinking:
If your language pair isn’t available it also doesn’t show up in the drop down menus.

2 Likes

Hi @marvinkw, thanks for your message :slight_smile:

I had a look at your profile and it looks complete :raised_hands:

When you don’t see any tasks available on your homepage and your languages don’t appear in the drop-down menus, that just means that currently there are no available tasks in your language combinations - but we post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out :eyes:

I see you also signed up to receive daily email notifications, so as soon as a new task comes up you’ll be notified :envelope_with_arrow:

Thanks for your support - let us know if there is anything else we can help you with :star2:

1 Like

Good afternoon.
I took the Verified Translator test in March, and I haven’t received an answer yet. I understand that there is a backlog in some language pairs, and that probably includes mine (English to Spanish). I don’t mind waiting, but I wanted to check if my test is still pending.
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Monidelac

Thanks for following up on your test! Unfortunately, we’re still working our way through the backlog :nerd_face:

I can confirm that your test is still pending though!

In the meantime, you do still have access to tasks available to non-verified translators! You can find all available tasks on the homepage :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer, @charlotte1.
I will wait for the test results and check for tasks available to non-verified translators in the meantime.
Saludos!

4 Likes

Hi @Silvia_Mauri, @charlotte1,

I hope you are doing well!

I want to ask if there’s any news about my Arabic to English test! :innocent:
I have made it about two months ago or maybe more than that. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Dalia

4 Likes

Hi @Dalia1, I am very well thanks, I hope you are doing well too! :blush:

Thanks a lot for following up on your test and I’m sorry you have been waiting so long for your test results!

I reached out to the reviewer, so hopefully I’ll have some news for you soon :four_leaf_clover:

Thanks a lot for your patience, Dalia! :pray:

4 Likes

Hi @Silvia_Mauri,

Thank you so much! :green_heart:

Kind regards,
Dalia

3 Likes

Dear, Mrs. @ambra

I have carried out all the steps to know the score of every task that I have made. However, the general review is not mentioned. Could you please tell me what to do in this regard?

Kind regards,

Zeinab

3 Likes

Hi @zeinabmohammed981997, thanks for your message :slight_smile:

We always strongly encourage our translators to leave feedback on the translation tasks they review, but this is not mandatory - that’s why sometimes you won’t receive any feedback or you will receive just the scores without a general comment.

I hope this helps clarify this point, but let us know if you have any further questions :star2:

6 Likes

Heard you, thanks for your help Silvia!

1 Like

Hello, everyone! I just want to thank you for having upgraded my status to Verified Translator.:smile:
I’m really happy! I will continue doing my best with the future tasks, and I’m glad to be part of this community.:heart:

6 Likes

I would like to know, how can I redo the verification exercise?

Corbin

Hi @corbinjustinrhodes

Thanks for reaching out!

We’ve actually changed the way we verify translators because the testing system wasn’t sustainable for the size of the community!

You can read more about becoming verified in the information in the top of this thread :top:

Hello,

I took a test for my language pair on the 5th of April (on ProZ, as instructed here) and, since I haven’t heard back from anyone, I emailed translators@translatorswithoutborders.org inquiring about it, on the 7th of June. The reply was that:

Unfortunately, your tests haven’t been reviewed yet. I will reach out to one of our volunteer reviewers to have you test fast-tracked. As soon as we have the results, we will be in touch!

I still haven’t received any news on the results of my test, but in the meantime I have completed 8 tasks on Kato. Unfortunately, not all of them were reviewed.

Are there other options to become verified?

Thanks,
Elena

2 Likes

hi
unfortunately there’s a paradox here :grinning:
since a test is no longer required your verification depends on several good reviews, however, since feedbacks on translations are optional sometimes your work is revised without feedback
on a side note i have recently came across translation contest winners being awarded verified status
that’s all i know & staff members may correct me if i’m wrong
:grinning:

7 Likes

Thank you for replying! I’ll patiently wait to receive the verified status while exploring the Community.

Ooh… translations contests! Sounds fun! I’m new here, so I’m still discovering features :slight_smile:

Hi @ElenaF

Thank you for following up on your test! I’m sorry that it’s taking such a long time to get the results. If you let me know your Proz ID, I can follow up again :+1:

I can echo what the kind @soke35 has said! It isn’t obligatory to leave a review when revising a translation, however, we do strongly encourage volunteers to leave feedback and scores!

We also have translation contests, for example, we just announced the winners of the Spanish translation contest who were all upgraded to verified translators :star_struck:

3 Likes