Feedback on your translations on the TWB Platform

A post was merged into an existing topic: How to become a Kató Verified Translator?

Hi, :tulip:
I would like to thank the reviser for the very positive feedback I have received for this task:
15 WHO_R4R_Tier1_Unit4D_EN.pptx
To be honest, I have to say that most chunks already existed in the TM. Sometimes I chose among several suggestions and tried to improve them when I thought it was possible.
It is a pleasure for me to take part in TWB actions. I do my best and hope it helps.
Many thanks. :blush: :pray:

3 Likes

Hi @Emma_Soulaine

Thank you for your commitment to this project! I’m glad that your translation was recognised by the reviewer :smiley:

1 Like

Hello TWB community,

So, after taking a look at the feedback of my first task which was almost humiliating I did download the output file to make a comparison with the one I submitted ( it was an online task off Kate) but I didn’t notice any changes.

Am I holding the right reviewed copy ?

This happens to me, can I have an answer, too?

1 Like

Hi @pame.day.go

Firstly, welcome to the TWB community :star_struck:

Thanks for letting us know about this :thinking:

I wasn’t able to find any feedback on your TWB profile, but you mentioned that it was an offline task! If you send more details to translators@translatorswithoutborders.org we’ll be able to look into for you :pray:

1 Like

Hi,

As many others on this forum topic I am very disappointed relating to the feedback I received after I made a translation.
Could you please send more info by email?

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi @Rodica :white_flower:

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the feedback :worried:

Kindly refer to the revised version to find the changes applied on your translation. You can download this revised version by clicking on the blue button in the tasks description :arrow_down: Here is an example for where you can find it :point_down:

After viewing the revised version and seeing the changes made, please let us know if you find the feedback not equivalent to your own work, and we will try to sort this out :blush:

Dear Aya,

The complete revised version cannot be accessed now - “Warning! Could not retrieve the file” is the message that appears now under my claimed task. Why?
I managed to save a copy yesterday, and except some minor changes, everything was kept the way I translated.
For me is very important to understand the logic of the provided feedback.
How, the person who revised the translation, can asses very low score for termonology, (an example) if there were no errors (changes) regarding translated terms? :confused:
I insist on clarification as I want to improve my work and to be useful here, on the platform.

I appreciate your support and I am grateful for your help. Thank you :pray:

5 Likes

I see what you mean @Rodica :confused: I’ll look into this and get back to you shortly :+1:

Dear Aya,

do you have some news for me related the feedback I received?

2 Likes

Hi @Rodica :white_flower:

I got a copy of the translation and the revision to track the changes made. I’ll reach out to the reviser today so they give my more information about the feedback they left, and I’ll get back to you as soon as I have an answer for it :innocent:

1 Like

Thank you. Those informations were really helpful. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi!
I’m new here, and I just finished my first translation. However, I checked my profile, and it says “0 Words donated” as if I had not translated anything. (As soon as I finished, I clicked on “Complete” to submit the task). So, I wonder if I just need to wait some time for that to get updated. Also, there’s not any feedback or scores in reviews.
Could you please help me?
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi @Estefaniavelandia7 and welcome to TWB, and congrats on completing your first task successfully!

I could see that the word badge in your profile shows that you’ve donated 466 words :wink: the word badge is often updated every day at 9:00 a.m. :arrows_counterclockwise:

The revision on your translation is still in progress, and it’s expected to be submitted on 2021-11-18T22:00:00Z. When the revision is complete, you can download the revised version to see the changes made, if any, and check the task reviews. Kindly refer to the relevant buttons in the task description as you can see in the example below :arrow_double_down:

As for the feedback, we always encourage our revisers to leave feedback on the translation work. Kindly note that this is not mandatory, so you won’t always receive it.

Hope that I could make it clear to you. Please let us know if you have any questions :innocent:

2 Likes

I really appreciate you answered all my questions. Everything is clear now and I’ll keep learning everything about the platfmorm and contributing too. Thanks a lot! :blush:

1 Like

Thanks Estefaniavelandia7
Thanks for the review
Adrien

1 Like

Hi everyone :dizzy:
I know that the task reviews are not mandatory but i was wondering if once the task has been reviewed and there is no feedback that means that that task will not receive feedback at all?
I would like to become verified but it does not seem possible if the few tasks i have access to do not receive any reviews.
Thank you!

2 Likes

When I reviewed with Kató TM, I could write a feedback to the translator as soon as I finished it.

Now, with Memsource, I’m not able to submit any kind of feedback to the translator, and I have no idea why this is happening.

1 Like

Hey @Mailen! I may be wrong, but from my experience on the Kato platform, if your translation has been reviewed and no feedback was given, that’s how it’s gonna stay. I know it’s frustrating, especially when you’re trying to become verified, but this is how the system works at the moment. From about 15 translations revised so far, I’ve received only 3 feedbacks.

Hey @vitorneves, have you turned off task stream email notifications by any chance? I get an email notification from TWB when I claim a task (whether translation or revision) and when I submit the complete file I get another email notification confirming it; if it’s a revision task, the second email has a link for submitting feedback.
This is my latest revision task email notification:

I hope this helps!

4 Likes

Hi @Mailen

Thank you for caring about receiving reviews to become verified, I’m sorry if you feel frustrated for not receiving feedback so often.

As our kind @ElenaF mentioned, the feedback may not be received now if it wasn’t left by the time the tasks were revised :confused:

We definitely would love to verify new translators, especially the ones who prove to provide quality work, I could see that you have great reviews left for one task, I believe we can consider verifying you in a faster way, maybe with a fewer number of feedbacks :smiley:

I can also see that you submitted a verification test, we do have a very high number of tests in your language pair, but we’re clearing this backlog now, and you may receive an email to let you know about the result in any minute :innocent:

I hope this helps!

3 Likes