How to become a TWB Verified Translator?

Hi @clr.queff

Firstly welcome to the TWB community!

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been unable to access tasks recently. We do upload new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out on the homepage :eyes:

We completely understand that it can be difficult to access tasks, which will then allow you to become verified. We’re aware that this is an issue and we’re working on finding a solution :slightly_smiling_face:

All I can do is encourage you to regularly check the homepage and I’m sure you’ll be able to find a task to work on soon :crossed_fingers:

Thank you for your patience and understanding, Claire :pray:

5 Likes

Hi @charlotte1, @Silvia_Mauri, I hope you are both well, :tulip: I just thought to ask you as I took the test to become verified for my Spanish into English language pair in March, and I know that TWB isn’t using the testing system anymore and so I was unsure whether my test would still be valid/corrected… I just thought to ask you! Thank you very much for all of your help Charlotte and Silvia, :star_struck: :star_struck:

4 Likes

Hi @elissa.cosby

Thanks for following up on your test!

We’re still processing the remaining tests and will of course let you know when the results are in!

Unfortunately, we still have a bit of a backlog with this language pair but our volunteer reviewers are working their way through them :star_struck:

Thanks for your patience, Elissa!

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your help @charlotte1! That’s great, it is no problem for me, I’m happy to wait, Thank you very much again Charlotte :star_struck: :star_struck:

1 Like

Hi Charlotte,
Thank you for you fast and kind answer.
I will keep monitoring the homepage and hope you can find an alternative solution for translators in my case with the verification process.
Kind regards,
Claire

1 Like

Hello! I was wondering if someone could help me out… I just joined the community and I could love to become a certified translator… I understand I need to complete a task but so far I have none on my dock… is there another way I can take a test or do I just need to wait for a task to come up?

thank you!

1 Like

Hi @marcediana, thank you for your message :slight_smile: I’ve moved it to this thread where you have more information on how to become verified :top:

I am sorry you were not able to work on many tasks recently :confused: the homepage only shows you available tasks at the time you are looking, so if you don’t see any tasks, it means that currently there are no available tasks in your language pair.

However, we post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out! :eyes:

I see you signed up to receive weekly task email notifications; if you would like to receive more frequent updates, follow these steps to edit your notification settings :wink:

Thank you for your support! Let us know if you have any other questions :sunny:

Hey everyone, I’m trying to become a Kato verified translator, but like many of you, the tasks in my language seem to be unavailable. I have registered myself for email notifications in case any tasks pop up but when I checked the Kato site today to make sure there really were no tasks available, I noticed that my language was removed from the array of “Target Language” options. Does this mean that Kato is no longer a viable option for me to become a translator?

Hi,
I wouldn’t think so :thinking:
If your language pair isn’t available it also doesn’t show up in the drop down menus.

2 Likes

Hi @marvinkw, thanks for your message :slight_smile:

I had a look at your profile and it looks complete :raised_hands:

When you don’t see any tasks available on your homepage and your languages don’t appear in the drop-down menus, that just means that currently there are no available tasks in your language combinations - but we post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out :eyes:

I see you also signed up to receive daily email notifications, so as soon as a new task comes up you’ll be notified :envelope_with_arrow:

Thanks for your support - let us know if there is anything else we can help you with :star2:

1 Like

Good afternoon.
I took the Verified Translator test in March, and I haven’t received an answer yet. I understand that there is a backlog in some language pairs, and that probably includes mine (English to Spanish). I don’t mind waiting, but I wanted to check if my test is still pending.
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Monidelac

Thanks for following up on your test! Unfortunately, we’re still working our way through the backlog :nerd_face:

I can confirm that your test is still pending though!

In the meantime, you do still have access to tasks available to non-verified translators! You can find all available tasks on the homepage :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer, @charlotte1.
I will wait for the test results and check for tasks available to non-verified translators in the meantime.
Saludos!

4 Likes

Hi @Silvia_Mauri, @charlotte1,

I hope you are doing well!

I want to ask if there’s any news about my Arabic to English test! :innocent:
I have made it about two months ago or maybe more than that. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Dalia

4 Likes

Hi @Dalia1, I am very well thanks, I hope you are doing well too! :blush:

Thanks a lot for following up on your test and I’m sorry you have been waiting so long for your test results!

I reached out to the reviewer, so hopefully I’ll have some news for you soon :four_leaf_clover:

Thanks a lot for your patience, Dalia! :pray:

4 Likes

Hi @Silvia_Mauri,

Thank you so much! :green_heart:

Kind regards,
Dalia

3 Likes

Dear, Mrs. @ambra

I have carried out all the steps to know the score of every task that I have made. However, the general review is not mentioned. Could you please tell me what to do in this regard?

Kind regards,

Zeinab

3 Likes

Hi @zeinabmohammed981997, thanks for your message :slight_smile:

We always strongly encourage our translators to leave feedback on the translation tasks they review, but this is not mandatory - that’s why sometimes you won’t receive any feedback or you will receive just the scores without a general comment.

I hope this helps clarify this point, but let us know if you have any further questions :star2:

6 Likes

Heard you, thanks for your help Silvia!

1 Like

Hello, everyone! I just want to thank you for having upgraded my status to Verified Translator.:smile:
I’m really happy! I will continue doing my best with the future tasks, and I’m glad to be part of this community.:heart:

6 Likes