Difference between Kató and Workspace

Hello,

I joined Translators without Borders recently and I’m very confused. I passed a translation test a while ago and just received an e-mail saying an account was created for me in TWB Workspace. Does this mean I passed the test?

Shortly after being registered on the Workspace platform, I received an e-mail from a PM and accepted a task by e-mail. But where does the task appear? On the Kató platform or Workspace platform? There is absolutely nothing in Workspace, and on Kató I can only see tasks to be claimed.

What is the difference between Kató and Workspace tasks anyway?

Thank you.

Hello Cassandra and thanks a lot for your questions, and for joining TWB! Yes, you passed your test and you are a Verified translator, congratulations :tada:

TWB uses two different translation platforms at the moment. The TWB Workspace, where a profile for you has been automatically created when we approved your translation test, is the platform we have been using since 2011 and it is kindly offered by ProZ.com. However, since we merged with The Rosetta Foundation in June 2017 we have been using another translation platform, Kató Platform. That platform has always been used for humanitarian and volunteer translations only and is managed by TWB.

The two platforms are not integrated with each other. The task will appear depending on where you claimed it. For example, I see that you claimed a task for The Emergency Nutrition Network in the Workspace (you can see it here). The PM for this task is the lovely @Viktorija. Please check our FAQs for the TWB Workspace, I think the first page will help you understand where you can find the link to start translating :slight_smile:

I understand that not having all tasks and wordcount in the same place is not ideal, and we are working to merge all our information and start using consistently only one platform. When this happens, we will make sure that all translators information are kept in one place, where you will be able to see your statistics, including the words translated in the TWB Workspace and Kató Platform.

I would like to stress that when we have to credit a translator as part of our Recognition Program, we always consider the total word counts, and keep into account the words produced both on the Workspace and Kato Platform.

I hope this clarifies the situation, and if you have further questions I will be happy to assist.

I understand, thank you!

I did receive the task this morning, I guess I was just a bit too eager to start!

Thank you again.

Thank you @ambra, it’s a good news