Asking for a certificate

Do you provide basic volunteers with appreciation certificates?

2 Likes

Hi @Mariam.tn :wave:

Firstly, welcome to the TWB community :star_struck:

It is extremely important for us that translators feel motivated and supported, and that we express our gratitude for the work they do!

This is why we have created a General Recognition Program for Kató Translators, which you can read more about here.

I hope this information is helpful, don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions :sunflower:

5 Likes

Hi @Dalia1, I’m fine thanks, I hope you are doing well too! :blush:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! :face_with_monocle: Our kind @ambra will be happy to edit it as soon as possible :raised_hands:

Thanks for letting us know, Dalia :slight_smile: Have a lovely week ahead :tulip:

5 Likes

Thank you so much @Silvia_Mauri for your kind reply! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

You are very welcome, @Dalia1 :hugs: :tulip:

2 Likes

Hi all,

I have passed 20,000 words. May I ask for a certificate too?

Thank you in advance and have a great day! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi @anja_jetter

Of course, we’d be happy to provide a reference letter confirming your contribution to TWB :hugs:

We’ll share the reference letter with you as soon as it’s ready!

4 Likes

Thanks a lot @charlotte1! :hugs:

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

I have two questions regarding revising tasks.

• Does revising count towards the donated words?
  • When I receive a certificate from TWB, does it specify how many words were translated and how many were revised?

Thanks a lot

2 Likes

Hi @khaled89fadl,

Yes, the word count for a revising task will be added to your badge 24 hours after submitting your task. But the reference letters usually indicate the total donated words (without specifying the number of words translated or revised) and the language pairs you work with. :cherry_blossom:

7 Likes

Hi @khaled89fadl :wave:

Thanks for reaching out! I have moved your post to this thread where we have answered lots of questions on receiving a certificate :smiley:

I can also confirm what the kind @SalwaAlrifai has said, that we will confirm the total number of words donated on the certificate as well as the language pairs you work in and which NGO partners you’ve supported!

5 Likes

@SalwaAlrifai thank you so much Salwa

2 Likes

Thanks @charlotte1 :blush:

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

I submitted two pieces of work today and I believe I will pass the threshold of 20,000 when they are added tomorrow.
May I have a reference letter and recommendation please?

2 Likes

Hi @khaled89fadl, thank you for your great contribution! :star2:

I’ve seen that you have still around 3,000 words to reach the threshold to be eligible for a reference letter :scroll: but we are happy to be flexible - when you are a bit closer to the threshold, please let us know and we’ll be happy to provide you with the letter :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Silvia_Mauri

Thanks for your response!
But actually the last two tasks I submitted yesterday have not been added to the donated words yet. It’s more than 24 hours since I submitted them.
Once they are being added by your side I’ll reach 20,000
Thanks

3 Likes

Hi @Silvia_Mauri,

Thanks for your continued support. I passed the thresnhold of 20, 000 words may I ask for reference letter.

Have a nice Thursday

Regards

3 Likes

@JoannaW @Anita @Dace
Hello all, hope you are doing well, my words count have reached 86,115, but I am yet to recieve any recognition certificate. What should I do please?

2 Likes

Hi @binmalikh and thanks for your message! I am also tagging @Silvia_Mauri and @charlotte1 who will be able to give you more information on this. :smile:

2 Likes

Hi @binmalikh, thanks a lot for reaching out and for your amazing contribution! :rocket:

I would be happy to put together a reference letter for you - it will include the date you joined TWB, your word count, and the NGO partners you contributed to :slight_smile: I’ll send it to you in the following week, does it sound good to you?

Thanks for your support, Anas! And thanks @Anita for pinning me :wink:

2 Likes