Update your profile on the TWB Platform

How can I add my language combinations?

To update your language combinations you need to log in on the TWB Platform and go to your profile (you can see it in the upper left corner next to “Home”).

Once you are in your profile, click on “edit profile details” in the upper right corner.

From there you will be able to see and change your native language and check your language combinations (I can translate from…to…).

When all your combinations are up to date, please scroll down on that page and click on “Update profile details”.

Watch our video tutorial to learn more about updating your TWB Platform profile:

Which combinations should I include?

When translators register to work with TWB, they also agree to the Translator Code of Conduct. They commit to delivering the highest standard of professional translations and to only undertake work they are competent to perform.

In general, people translate from any language they are proficient in (also called source language) into their first/native language (also called target language). For example, if the language you are more fluent in is Spanish, and you also have a proficient knowledge of English and French, your language combinations should be added as follows:

I Can Translate from English to Spanish
I Can Translate from French to Spanish

:bangbang: We’ve recently introduced some changes to the TWB Platform profile. You are now only able to add a maximum of six language combinations in your profile. If would like more than six language combinations on your profile, please let us know by emailing translators@translatorswithoutborders.org with the language pair you would like to add.

What does native language, source language and target language mean?

Your native language is is a language you have been exposed to from birth or within a long period of your life or education. It generally is the language you are more fluent in.

Source language is a language you are proficient in and that you understand enough to translate from. It can be a language you learnt during childhood or as an adult.

Target language is the language you are more fluent in, and that you feel confident translating into. It generally coincides with your native language.

What does Qualification Level for Above means?

The default qualification level for all users is TWB Translator. Would you like to have your combinations verified to become a TWB Verified Translator? Check this topic to know how!

Which language variant should I add in my TWB Platform profile?
There is no need to repeat a language combination to specify two or more language variant. Please simply select ANY in the drop down menu.

If you wish to clarify which language variant you are native in, please do so in the Native Language field, where you can select the appropriate country (for example, if you are native in Brazilian Portuguese, you can add Portuguese - Brazil)**

14 Likes

Hi everyone. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m new over here but I feel like the welcome pack related infos are not up to date…

4 Likes

Hello @nuri.chung :slight_smile:
What bits of the Welcome Pack are not clear to you?
In any case, we’re working on some updates so stay tuned :radio:

1 Like

Hi @_carolina, thank you for the prompt response. Well, for the registration part I had some trouble finding my way as it wasn’t exactly the same as instructed in the Youtube video. But I’m now finding my way! :slight_smile: Happy to hear that it’s being updated! Cheers!

3 Likes

Hi @ambra and @_carolina

I was wondering what kind of things we can add on the section called “other URL” :thinking:

Thanks in advance.

Have a nice weekend :star_struck:

4 Likes

Hi @Alex9, good question! :blush:

You are welcome to add links to other professional platforms you might be in, or to your professional website if you have one, something about you that you would like to share with us :nerd_face:

Thank you and have a nice week ahead! :sunny:

2 Likes

Hi @Silvia_Mauri :blush:

Thank you so much for your reply :smiley:

Have an amazing week :muscle:t3:

1 Like

My Kató Platform profile seems slightly different than yours. :slightly_frowning_face:

I don’t have the “ANY” option and I still have to choose the country in every language pair.

Here is the link that I use: https://kato.translatorswb.org/register/

Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Have a good weekend!

Hi @ritadpmatos :sunflower:

I could see that the target language in your language pairs is Portuguese (Portugal). To set a different language variant as a target, please set a new language pair, for example, English to Portuguese (Brazil) :innocent:

2 Likes

Hello @ambra and team,

Could you please confirm if “Spanish” here means “Spanish (Spain)” or “Spanish (Universal / International / Neutral)”?

And could you please also delete the second CV file on my profile?
Screenshot_II

Thank you a lot! :hugs:

Hi Laura! “Spanish” refers to EU Spanish.

Hi @ambra, thank you so much for confirming! :star2:

1 Like

hello!!

this is the first time that i am opening my project in phrase and i found it pre-translated by artificial intelligence ,
i thought it was an error but when i scroll i can read :
" phrase language AI ( google translate ) automatically generated

how can i delete all the segments translated with AI so i can do my human translation?

thnaks!