New to TWB?

Hello @nguyenthuygiang1609

Thank you for claiming this project, I am sorry to hear you’re facing this issue. It might just be a temporary glitch, as your login with Phrase is directly related to the TWB Platform, so once you claim a task you should be able to access that task in Phrase by following the available links. But if you’re still struggling to login, please click on the Memsource link and then click on the SSO (Single Sign On) button and enter “twb”.

This should help you log in, but in case it doesn’t, please let me know and I will follow up with our tech team asap :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi everyone! I have been in this community for a while and haven’t see any task for translation, are my pares not good or it simply does not have new works anymore?

Thanks in advance for you reply.

1 Like

Hi @amandarbsl

Thanks for your willing to help! This is really appreciated!

If there’s no tasks in your language pair, I would suggest to make sure that your language pair are set accurately in your profile , then make sure to “edit notifications” in your profile on daily or weekly basis as you prefer.

By this way, you will be notified wherever there’s a new task in your language pair available.

Once you see any available tasks, if the deadline and your availability works to claim any of them, claim the task as soon as possible. Because claiming tasks depends on who comes first serve first.

Also, check the home page on daily basis, don’t just depend on the email notifications.

I hope this helps! :innocent:

Kind regards,
Dalia

1 Like

Hello everyone, I have been registered for more than two weeks. I should say, it’s was a rich flavour added
To me. However, i still unware of how can i start my first tasks, having said that i followed all possible instructions to make it!. I wish to help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hello @th34rrf and thank you for writing to us.

Welcome to the TWB community and we are happy to have you here.

I have checked your profile and it’s all set.

Kindly note that the availability of tasks varies from time to time, depending on our partners’ needs. We recommend regularly checking the homepage - new tasks can be posted in any minute. If you don’t find tasks when you check the homepage, this is only because no tasks are available at the time you are looking. If a language does not appear on the dropdown list, it means that there are no tasks for that language at the moment.

Also, notifications about new projects are sent to many users for the same language and they work on a first-come-first-served basis, so you want to be quick in claiming the task!

I hope this helps. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks and best regards,

1 Like

Thanks for responding. I will be near in case tasks to be shown.

1 Like

Hi Every one, my name is Abdul Kader. I’m new here, glad to be here with your community. I’m English translator. It’s my pleasure to work with you and have any task to translate. At the moment, I am working on a task unfortunately, I could not press the button completed to submit my task. Could you help me ASAP. Have a good day for all. Best regards.

1 Like

Hello, @abdul.kader.akeel89!
Some projects require a mandatory QA check. Once you run one and either correct or ignore (if applicable) all errors, you should be able to mark the task as completed! Here’s information on how to run a QA check.

Also make sure to have marked all segments as completed!

Here’s a link to TWB’s Translator’s Toolkit with useful information on how to work with the platform!

Wish you a lovely week! :sunflower:

2 Likes

Hello @abdul.kader.akeel89 and thank you for writing to us.
@Lunediam Thank you for the detailed explanation.
@abdul.kader.akeel89 In case you ran all the QA checks and you still cannot mark the task as complete, please feel free to directly contact the project manager, or write in the designated task thread found in the notification email.

I hope this helps and happy translating.

2 Likes

Hello, Dears @Lunediam @ahmad.konainah1 First, thank you for your kind reply. Actually I run QA checks several times to correct any mistake. The issue is only in segment 2 can not be ignored something related to Tags and Formatting. So, how can l do this? Thank you in advance for your help.

2 Likes

Dear @abdul.kader.akeel89 ,
Thank you for reaching out!
Could you please tell me the name of the task you are working on? So I can mark it as Complete on your behalf :slight_smile:
Thank you,
Giulia

1 Like

Hi ,

i’m new here and i can’t find any work to do! could you please tell me why ?

Hello @b.gherissi and thank you for writing to us.

Welcome to the TWB community and we are happy to have you here.

Kindly note that the availability of tasks varies from time to time, depending on our partners’ needs. We recommend regularly checking the homepage - new tasks can be posted in any minute. If you don’t find tasks when you check the homepage, this is only because no tasks are available at the time you are looking. If a language does not appear on the dropdown list, it means that there are no tasks for that language at the moment.

Also, notifications about new projects are sent to many users for the same language and they work on a first-come-first-served basis, so you want to be quick in claiming the task!

I would like to encourage you to explore the Community Library that will help you navigate through learning about your tasks, Phrase TMS, the platform, the community among other things, which will help you have a smooth start of your journey at TWB.

I hope this helps. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks and best regards,

1 Like

Thank you so much for these clarifications, i appreciate.

Hello! I just signed up and I can see an available task that I would like to work on, but I do not think I could translate the whole document by the specified deadline, as I only have a limited amount of time to allocate to this project. So I was wondering, if I claim a task, do I have to translate the full text or could I translate a specific section? I would love to contribute, even if I cannot translate the whole document. Sorry if this is a silly question, and thank you in advance!

Hello @alessandragguccione and thank you for writing to us.

There are no silly questions whatsoever, and we are very happy to receive your inquiries and assist you to the best of our abilities. Kindly note that each task has a specific word count along with a deadline. Once you claim a task, you are required to translate all of it. Sometimes, you might find many tasks available. You are not required to claim all of them. Instead, you can check the number of words in each task and claim the task only if you are able to translate that amount within the specified deadline. If not, you may choose another task that better fits your capacity.

In the meantime, kindly note that the availability of tasks varies from time to time, depending on our partners’ needs. We recommend regularly checking the homepage - new tasks can be posted in any minute. If you don’t find tasks when you check the homepage, this is only because no tasks are available at the time you are looking.

I would like to encourage you to explore the Community Library that will help you navigate through learning about your tasks, Phrase TMS, the platform, the community among other things, which will help you have a smooth start of your journey at TWB.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us for any further questions.

Happy Translating!

1 Like

Hi! I’m Celeste and I have experience with foreign languages, and want to help solve the world’s problems. I am interested in helping translate material to help others around the world.

Hi! I opened an account here some days ago, but although I received a task and claimed it, I don’t know how to begin translating (or revising). How do I access the page of the claimed task to the translation tool? Or do I have to do it on another platform? Or in a more traditional way? In that case, how do I submit it?

Hello @thegrandmotherhypothesis and welcome to TWB.

Thank you for your interest in supporting us.

In the meantime, kindly note that the availability of tasks varies from time to time, depending on our partners’ needs. We recommend regularly checking the homepage - new tasks can be posted in any minute. If you don’t find tasks when you check the homepage, this is only because no tasks are available at the time you are looking.

I hope this helps and please don’t hesitate to write to us if you have any further questions.

1 Like

Hello @ChungKne and thank you for helping us and supporting or mission.

I would like to encourage you to explore the Community Library that will help you navigate through learning about your tasks, Phrase TMS, the platform, the community among other things, which will help you have a smooth start of your journey at TWB. You will a detailed answer to all your questions there.

In case you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to fire them at us and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Happy translating!

2 Likes