Looking for an internship with TWB?

Are you a student at an Erasmus+ participating institution?

We are always accepting applications from Erasmus+ interns, even if we don’t have open vacancies. Please contact ambra@translatorswithoutborders.org to send your application and CV.

Are you looking for an internship with TWB after graduation? :man_student::woman_student:

We often offer internship opportunities to recently graduated students. You will have the opportunity to join one of our teams and work in translation project management, community management, digital communication etc. You can find all our vacancies here.

Are you still enrolled at the university and need to complete an internship or work placement as part of your studies in translation, interpreting or a related subject?

We don’t offer internships in translation, but you can register here to become a volunteer translator for TWB and have access to our translation platforms, where you’ll find plenty of projects to translate. If you haven’t yet, please send us your CV and we will let you know about the next steps. We can sign a learning agreement with your university and when you complete your work placement, we can send you or your university a certificate stating the number of words you translated, or its equivalent in worked hours.

Good luck :shamrock:

22 Likes

I was browsing around the site and I came across this post… most interesting! Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Hello @Juan_Martin,
I’m glad to hear that your browsing has been fruitful :smiley:

3 Likes

Good morning, Juan :slight_smile:

Are you thinking of applying?

Have a great day :rainbow:

All the best,

Andreia

1 Like

I don’t think we have any vacancies for internships right now :frowning: but we do have them at least twice per year!

3 Likes

Hi @andfraz! Hope you’re doing well. To be honest I was just wandering around, haha! But it’s great to have this kind of opportunities! I’ve been involved with TWB for a month only and I’ve already got the chance to make lots of translations and I’ve gained lots of qualitative experience!

5 Likes

Hi @Juan_Martin :slight_smile: Everything’s well. How about you?

Indeed, opportunities like these are great. (By the way, @ambra, thank you for letting us know :heart:). In case you ever consider applying, let me just say that I’d be delighted to see one of my fellow volunteers become an intern. :slight_smile:

Also, I’m glad to know you are thrilled with your progress in TWB! I’ve been involved with TWB since March and I feel the same way. :smiley:

Have a great weekend, Juan! :rainbow:

All the best,

Andreia

5 Likes

Dear @Juan_Martin and @andfraz :heavy_heart_exclamation: it’s such a pleasure to hear that you feel welcomed in the TWB Community. It’s a joy to see you so active both in this Community and with your translation tasks :star_struck:

4 Likes

Hello! This is a very interesting opportunity. I’m still enrolled at the University but I have already started my internship in a translation agency. I will share it with my classmates.

2 Likes

Hello @Jean_Urbain :slight_smile:
We don’t have any vacancies for internships at the moment, but please do check out the other open positions. I hope you find somethings which matches your skillset and interests :four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

Alright Carolina,
I will. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @ambra and @andfraz.
I was reading this post and found this option **Are you still enrolled at the university and need to complete an internship or work placement as part of your studies in translation, interpreting or a related subject?

I have been a volunteer since June (I think) I have enjoyed the experience a lot. At the same time, I have to complete a placement module in my uni. I’m studying translation. I was wondering, how does the learning agreement work and how can I apply for it?
Is there any direct contact to ask for more information about this opportunity?

Thank you.

Maria

2 Likes

Hi @mariaximenar thanks for reaching out!

If you have to complete a placement module with your university, we’d be happy to confirm your contribution to TWB :slight_smile: You can provide Ambra’s title, name and email address:

Ambra Sottile
Senior Community Officer
ambra@translatorswithoutborders.org.

In general, we consider that a novice translator can translate approximately 200 words per hour. So, for example, if you translate 5000 words, you will have completed 25 hours. Does that sound good to you?

You can also take our Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for TWB Translators course. You will get a certificate after you complete all course sections and the final test. If you upload this certificate to your profile, it will count for two hours of your service hours.

Is this what you were looking for?

Thank you for your support Maria! :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

Hi @JoannaW. Thanks for your reply. Well, I have already done the course and uploaded the certificate to my profile. The amount of hours is fine as well, but I was wondering about the learning agreement that is mentioned in the original post:

“We don’t offer internships in translation, but you can register [here ] to become a volunteer translator for TWB and have access to our translation platforms, where you’ll find plenty of projects to translate. If you haven’t yet, please send us your CV and we will let you know about the next steps. We can sign a learning agreement with your university and when you complete your work placement, we can send you or your university a certificate stating the number of words you translated, or its equivalent in worked hours”

Do you have any information about this?

Thank you!

Maria.

4 Likes

Hi Maria, thank you for being part of our community. You don’t have to apply for a learning agreement, it’s a module that the university provides if needed. If you simply need us to confirm your working hours, please provide a module or a contact for us to do it. I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Hi @ambra. Thanks for replying, So, the part that says “we can sign a learning agreement with your university…” as stated in the original post, is not a possibility?

Thank you

Maria

2 Likes

Hi Maria, yes it’s a possibility of course. But you or your university need to provide the module and compile your part.

3 Likes

Thank you @ambra I do have all the information of the module and the learning agreement the university uses in this cases. Can you provide me the email address to send all the paperwork, please?

Thank you very much, you’ve been of great help!

Maria

4 Likes