Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for the TWB Community

Hi @_carolina Thank you for your message. It worked, I just retried to validate the test. I don’t know what was wrong yesterday.
Have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s great news :star2: Happy translating!

1 Like

Hi, guys. I’m currently taking a course but a couple of links are not working so can you please check:
https://www.fit-ift.org/search_gcse/?nf=true&q=wp+content+uploads+2013+03+T+I_Field_Guide_2012.pdf#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=wp%20content%20uploads%202013%2003%20T%20I_Field_Guide_2012.pdf&gsc.page=1

http://www.fit-europe.org/vault/deont/CODE_PROF_PRACTICE.pdf

Both are links to sources for codes of conduct in the “Humanitarian Translation” section.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi, it’s me again. In the Types of TWB Translation, The Translation Process at TWB section, I noticed that the Tea and Consent video is not subtitled into Arabic. Is there a possibility for subtitling it into Arabic, please?
Thank You!

Hi @Hiba :blush:
Thank you for flagging these issues to me. I’ll look into them and raise your point about the Arabic subtitles. I hope you found the course interesting!

1 Like

Hello @Hiba :slight_smile:
I found this video on Youtube about Tea and Consent with Arabic subtitles, is it what you were looking for?

1 Like

@Gloria

Today, I have successfully completed the course “Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for Kató Translators”, and I’ve also downloaded the Certificate that was instantly issued. I’m very grateful.

I’d like to use this forum to encourage those who haven’t done that to do so. The course is very interesting and highly informative and insightful.

Many thanks, TWB!

Hi, yeh I think it is. I needed to share it on Twitter, so thank you so much!
:heart:

1 Like

Hello @Muhammad_Ishaq :wave:
I’m delighted to hear that you found the course engaging and helpful. We think it’s a valuable resource for translators to understand what humanitarian translation is and the key role it can play. Your feedback is much appreciated :hugs:
Also, well done on passing the test :medal_sports:

1 Like

Hello @_carolina
It’s my pleasure. Many thanks!

1 Like

Hello @_carolina !

Concerning the available online courses on translation and interpretation, the following three (3) are listed under My Courses:

1. Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for Kato Translators.
  2. Training Course on Humanitarian Translation.
  3. Training Course on Humanitarian Interpretation.

I’ve completed the first course as mentioned earlier, and immediately enrolled for the second one, ‘Training Course on Humanitarian Translation’. To my surprise, the contents of the sections 1 and 2 of this course are the same with those in ‘Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for Kato Translators’.

My question is: should I skip these two sections and continue from section 3? or should I answer them for the sake of my result? In this case, it will be a repetition. The same thing applies to the course no. 3.

Kindly educate me on what to do.

Best regards,

Hi guys,

I’ve finished the Course Introduction to Humanitarian Translation and just enrolled in Training Course on Humanitarian Translation. Exciting times!

Looking forward to work with you all :slight_smile:

Naomi

1 Like

Hi @Muhammad_Ishaq! Great question :slight_smile: The test at the end of the course is the only thing that affects your result, so it’s really up to you how much depth you want to go into.

Wonderful to hear @Naomi.Castello! Also, please note that the Introduction to Humanitarian course is the only course that offers a certificate at the end :wink:

Looking forward to working with you both too :star2:

4 Likes

Hello @JoannaW! Thank you so much for taking time to explain :smiley:. I appreciate it.

Best regards

2 Likes

Hello @_carolina! I have successfully completed the ‘Training Course on Humanitarian Translation’ today. It’s an in-depth course. I really enjoyed it.

Best regards.

1 Like

I just made a Moodle account and enrolled in one of the courses: Training for Humanitarian Translation. I tried enrolling in the introduction course, as well, but it doesn’t appear under my enrolled courses. The only place I can see it is in “past courses.” Is this course expired and no longer available? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @ambra,
I need a guide on the online courses please. I went through some 6 steps thoroughly but found no icon showing that its completed, likewise the certificate.

Good evening, @Mam :first_quarter_moon_with_face: :star2:

I moved your post to this thread, where it will be easier for Ambra or other staff members to find it and answer your questions. I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Good evening, @Sarah91 - and, first of all, welcome to our community :partying_face: :heart:

The Training for Humanitarian Translation is still available. But I’m not the best person to answer your other questions, because I haven’t completed yet completed this course :blush:

So I’m tagging @Ambra, @_Carolina and @JoannaW for the rescue. :grin: (Thanks in advance to the three of you :heart: )

Have a great Sunday, Sarah and Mujahid :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Evening @andfraz
Thanks! of course it helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

Same to you :smiley:

Hi Mam, how are you? Thank you for taking our courses. The Training Course on Humanitarian Translation doesn’t give any certificates (it’s a very old course), only the Introduction to Humanitarian Translation does. Why don’t you complete that one, too? Please remember to enroll to the course to receive the certificate.

3 Likes