How to find available tasks?

Thank you so much for both of you @Silvia_Mauri and @faretto5! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
I hope to find tasks in my new language combination soon! :heart_eyes: :smile:

Have a great day! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You are very welcome, @Dalia1 :hugs:

Thanks again and you too have a lovely day :heart_decoration:

2 Likes

Hi all,

Hope you all doing well. :grinning:
I am working on EN>JP language pair. But now as I can see there are no new tasks available for translation.
When will be the new tasks coming?
And also my words donated count didnā€™t increase.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi @Harshita, thanks for your message :blush: Iā€™ve moved it here to this existing thread that I hope youā€™ll find useful!

You can find all our available tasks and project in our homepage here :sunny:

The homepage shows the tasks and projects available at the time you are looking, so if you donā€™t see any tasks it means that currently, there are no available projects in your language pair. However, we post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out! :eyes:

As per your other question, it can take up to 24h for your badge to be up to date with the last task you submitted. I had a look at it and it seems correct now :slight_smile:

Thank you for your support, Harshita! Let us know if you have other questions :sunflower:

1 Like

Thank you so much @Silvia_Mauri for your responseā€¦ :star_struck:

1 Like

Hi there,

My question concerns the absence of Arabic in the target language list of the Home tab. See the attached screenshot.

There was not this issue before, and now when I try to find a new task I notice that Arabic no longer exists.

Would you help me out?

2 Likes

Hello @Lamine,

I also had the same issue weeks ago, and I still canā€™t find Arabic in the target language list of my Home tab.
But as far as I noticed when there are any translation or revising tasks available, they will show automatically on your home page without using any filters.

I hope this is helpful, and let us also see what our kind @Silvia_Mauri @charlotte1 will tell us! :blush:

Best regards. Lilav.

3 Likes

Thanks so much @Lilav_Alarashi! :tulip:

2 Likes

Hi @Lamine

Iā€™ve moved your post to this thread here about finding tasks! If you canā€™t see the language as a source/target language then it simply means that we donā€™t have any projects in that language pair at the moment!

But we post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out :eyes:

Thank you @Lilav_Alarashi for helping a fellow volunteer out!

3 Likes

Hi @charlotte1,

I am always glad to help! :blush:

Best regards. Lilav.

1 Like

I see @charlotte1, I do appreciate your help :relaxed::tulip:

1 Like

Hi, charlotte,

Could you please email me if there is a translation task from English to Arabic? because I searched a lot for claiming tasks, but I couldnā€™t find anyone.

1 Like

Hi @gowana20002003

Iā€™ve moved your post to this thread here which has more information about finding tasks!

You can see any available tasks on the homepage and if you cannot see any, then it simply means that we donā€™t have any tasks available currently.

I can see that youā€™ve also turned your email notifications to Daily, so youā€™ll be notified when thereā€™s a task available in your language pair :smiley:

Thank you dear Charlotte.

1 Like

Hey everyone, Iā€™ve been struggling to find translation tasks ever since I joined and was wondering how your guysā€™ experience has been. It seems every time a task comes up, which is extremely rare, somebody always claims it before I get the chance, leaving me with no work to do. I am really eager to contribute to this community but am having trouble finding work to complete. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hey @marvinkw!

Iā€™m in the same situation: my language pair is uncommon, so months go by without any translation tasks available. Iā€™ve made a habit of checking the Kato platform twice a day and this is how Iā€™ve managed to claim a few tasks. But they were not scored by revisers (itā€™s optional), so I canā€™t get the verified translator status, which would allow me to access more translation tasks.

Itā€™s frustrating because Iā€™m in a period of my life when I have a little bit more free time, which I could spend helping as many people as possible through volunteer translations, but it is what it is. Just try to have patience, be active on the platform and luck will come your way! :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Hi @marvinkw, thanks a lot for reaching out to us and sharing your concerns!

Iā€™m sorry you were not able to find and work on many tasks recently; the availability of projects in different language pairs depend on our NGO partnersā€™ needs, so thatā€™s also why we cannot guarantee youā€™ll always find tasks in your language pairs.

However, I had a look at your profile and all looks good, you also signed up to receive daily task notifications update, so when new tasks become available for you, youā€™ll be notified :inbox_tray:

As @ElenaF rightly mentioned, I also invite you to keep an eye on our homepage to have more chances to be the first one to grab a task :nerd_face: Thanks a lot for sharing your tips, Elena :star2:

I hope this helps and that youā€™ll soon find interesting tasks for you to work on :four_leaf_clover:
Thanks a lot both for your commitment and support! :hugs:

1 Like

Hi! IĀ“m quite new here and still trying to figure everything out.

Since I joined, I have checked regularly for tasks in my pairs - to no avail.

IĀ“ve followed instructions on ā€œHow to find available tasksā€, and came upon a glitch I assume would be causing this: when selecting my pairs, the default qualification ā€œKatĆ³ translatorā€ is blocked and IĀ“m not sure why.
I have completed the introduction course, watched the Memsource training webinar, signed up for e-mail notifications, and agreed with Code of conduct.

Is there something I am missing and unable to identify?

Thank you for you help!

2 Likes

hello and welcome
I think that option is grayed out because itā€™s the only one available for new volunteers :thinking:
Iā€™m sure the kind TWB staff will respond asap during the week :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you! I will wait then :slightly_smiling_face:
Have a good weekend.

1 Like