Find and Claim a task on the TWB Platform

Hi @Miruschki and welcome to TWB! :tada:

Actually the homepage now only shows the tasks available in the language pairs you listed in your profile, so now, with or without filters, you can only see the tasks in the language pair German to French. \That’s why I’d suggest that you add other language pairs, English to German, and French to German for instance :wink:

If you can’t see tasks, it means that there are no tasks on the time you’re looking :eyes: but if you keep an eye on the homepage and the notification emails you receive, you may find some tasks soon! :innocent:

I hope this helps! :sunflower:

1 Like

Thanks!This problem also perplexed me.

1 Like

Hello,
I don’t know what’s happening this morning but I cannot claim a task. I have tried with 3 or 4 different tasks and got the same error : Warning: This task can no longer be claimed, the job has been removed from Memsource and will soon be removed from here.
Is there a problem on the platform or is it just me ?
Thanks for your help

Hi @MarionF abd welcome to our community! :sunflower:

As you rightly said, there was a number of tasks that were posted and removed later due to the cancellation of the project. Otherwise, this is an exceptional thing that happened and there’s no issue from your end, so no worries :hugs:

Hope you have the chance to find new tasks soon! :dizzy:

Hello,

Could please anyone explain why I don’t have any tasks for translation / revision on my home page? I’ve put 4 languages and their different pairs to increase the range, still nothing

Dear Amra,
I am the new one here, could anybody help me with the platform? I don’t know where to find the texts.

Thanks in advance.
With best regards,
Jelena

Dear @jelenamitroviceva,

First of all, welcome to our community. :heart:

I’ve moved your post to this thread. Here, you can find the answers you need. If you need any further help, please reach out. We’re here to help. :slight_smile:

Have a great day, Jelena! :hibiscus:

1 Like

Hello, It’s been more than one week I’ve registered, but nothing appears in my task stream, almost in none of any language. I would be grateful if you can help me solve this problem and find a task. Thanks for reading.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Pih 30808

Hello, I would like to find out why is not possible to access to a task? Will really appreciate your help.

Hi @jkinzunga and welcome to our community :tada:

I checked your profile and everything looks in order, if you’d like to work on tasks with us, you’ll only need to make sure you follow the correct process to find and claim tasks, you can also refer to our Translator’s Manual to learn more about our workflow :notebook_with_decorative_cover:

It’s worth mentioning that the availability of tasks varies from time to time, I recommend keeping an eye on the homepage and the email notifications you may receive to see the tasks when they become available :innocent:

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out :dizzy:

Hi everyone!
I’m a newcomer to TWB and very eager to start translating. Unfortunately, despite my (I believe) having followed every step, it seems I don’t have access to translation tasks even though some tasks involving my language pair seem to have been available these last few days (according to the “topics” posted). My target language (french) doesn’t even appear anymore in the list of TWB’s platform for claiming tasks. I’m puzzled… Do I just have to wait a few more days until my profile is approved? Or has my profile been dismissed? I would be glad to get some feedback. Thanks a lot and a have a great day :slight_smile: Géraldine

1 Like

Hi @fourrier.geraldine

Welcome to TWB and thank you very much for your interest in supporting us.

I am sorry you haven’t had access to tasks recently. I confirm everything is working fine for you and your profile is complete. Please note that everyone is welcome to volunteer with us and we do not dismiss nor approve profiles. Once you have listed your language pair(s) correctly (which you have), you should be able to find the tasks in the language pair when they are available, in your case English to French.
If you don’t find tasks, this is only because no tasks are available at the time you are looking.

In general, the availability of tasks varies from time to time, depending on our partners’ requirements. I recommend regularly checking the homepage and the email notifications you may receive as new tasks can be posted at any minute.

I hope this helps! Please do let me know if you need any further assistance.

All the best,

2 Likes

Hello Chris,
Thanks for your welcome and for taking the time to answer my request, it definitely does help!
Looking forward to contributing!
Géraldine

1 Like

Hello, I hope everyone is good!Sorry to bother but I am a new member.

I cannot see any task on my page. I tried but it is not working. May I please ask for an advice? What should I do to start my journey with TWB? thanks a lot in advance!! :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hey @fasano.mara , Welcome to our Community, we hope you like it here. There are some instructions at the beginning of this thread on how you can find and claim tasks here on the TWB Platform and I’ll also leave you our Translator’s Toolkit to get you started. :hugs: :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Any help there no tasks in my home, How can I claim tasks ? … I asked for tasks from English to Arabic about health, medicine, etc.

1 Like

Hello Basma, thanks for contacting us and for your desire to work on new projects! I moved your question to this thread so you can see what others have asked and answered on this topic.

I checked your profile and everything seems to be working fine. You are subscribed to daily notification, which means you will receive an email every day that there is a task available for English to Arabic. You can also check if there are tasks available for you on the platform - if you are unsure how to check it, please watch this 2-minutes tutorial.

I hope this helps! New tasks in Arabic should be posted later today, so please keep an eye out :eyes:

1 Like

Hello all, I read in one of the threads (don’t remember which one, sorry) that in our profile we do not need to specify language variants, and that all projects for the languages in our profile will appear in our home page/email regardless of the variant. I had previously specified UK and US English and Spain and Latam Spanish. I tidied up my profile to only refer to English and Spanish, but I just found a couple of claimable projects with Latam Spanish that did/do not appear on my home page. Did I do or understand something wrong? Many thanks for helping me out!

Thanks for the tutorial.