Community Recognition Program

Hi @sifatnoor and @Lamine,
I’ve moved your messages to a most relevant thread.
Have a nice we!
:pray:

6 Likes

@sifatnoor and @faretto5, thank you for taking care of my question and the given reply.
I wish you a good evening. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Good evening, @Lamine :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

Our kind @sifatnoor is right. :slight_smile: You can ask definitely ask for an updated reference letter.

But please note that you can only ask for another one after having contributed a minimum of 20,000 words in between. :wink: Let’s say you have donated 100,000 words so far. You can only ask for an updated reference letter when you reach the 120,000 words threshold.

I hope this helps.

Have a great evening. :star2:

9 Likes

Hello @Lamine and everybody, thanks for your messages! :blush:

I can confirm what the kind @sifatnoor, @andfraz said, we are happy to send translators updated reference letters every 20,000 words :slight_smile:

However, we can also be flexible, so if you really need a reference letter and you are close to the threshold, please let us know and we’ll be happy to provide you with a reference letter :scroll:

Thanks all for your support, have a great day! :sunny:

7 Likes

Great!, and that helps us keep moving with you. Thanks @Silvia_Mauri and wish you the best. :relaxed:
Enjoy Monday! :tada::tada:

4 Likes

@andfraz, it helps indeed! It’s clear now, and I need to spare no efforts seeking, hopefully, to be a good translator. :blush:
Many thanks, and have a good luck. :tada::tada:

3 Likes

Hello, …
I’m new here
i just want to ask how to get verified , a finished the test .
what to do next?

3 Likes

Hi @Maha :wave:

Firstly, welcome to the TWB community! It’s great to have you here :star_struck:

Thanks for following up on your test! However, I can see that you haven’t submitted the test yet!

You can do this by following the instructions here: How to submit a task :white_check_mark:

Let us know once you’ve submitted your test :sparkles:

We’ll be in touch as soon as we have the results :sunflower:

4 Likes

Hi@ambra, I would like to ask about “written confirmation of your hours contributed”. How many hours would 1000 words equal to?

3 Likes

Hi @yu_2021,
thank you for reaching out. I’m writing just to tag @ambra.
I hope this helps.
Have a lovely day!

4 Likes

Hi @yu_2021 :wave:

Thanks for reaching out! Generally, we calculate translators’ contribution by words translated, not hours.

In your profile, you have a translator’s badge that says “words donated”. When you submit your first task, this badge will update to show your word count :medal_sports:

However, what we can do is “convert” the words you contribute into hours for your service hours. In general, we consider that a novice translator can translate approximately 200 words per hour.

So, for example, if you translate 1000 words, you will have completed 5 hours. Does that sound good to you?

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Summary of Standards For Casualty Recording

Hello!

I’d like to request a reference letter :slight_smile: Could someone maybe also tell me how long this will approximately take? There’s this job I want to apply to and I’d like to know whether I will still be able to make the deadline if I wait for the reference letter :pleading_face:

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi @Julia_W :wave:

Thanks for reaching out!

Of course, we’d be happy to provide you with a reference letter confirming your contribution to TWB. I’d be more than happy to get it to you today so you can include it in your job application!

Have a lovely day, Julia :sunflower:

4 Likes

Hi @charlotte1!

Wow, thank you so much! I really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

Thanks, you too! :sunflower:

4 Likes

Thank you very much @charlotte1, that was super quick! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Hi @charlotte1, @Silvia_Mauri, I hope you are well! I just wondered if i could check with you that I am a verified translator now, I think so as I think it has been changed on my profile, but i just wanted to check that! I also wondered if it may be possible to ask you for a reference? I would be really grateful if that may be possible, Thank you very much for all of your help! Have a lovely day :hibiscus::star_struck:

1 Like

Hi @elissa.cosby!

Unfortunately, we haven’t got your test results yet. We have a backlog of tests in your language pairs so it’s taking a little longer than expected to review tests.

However, we haven’t forgotten about your tests and as soon as we have the results, we’ll be in touch :white_check_mark:

Of course, we’d be very happy to provide you with a reference letter to confirm your contribution to TWB, Elissa :smiley: We’ll share it with you as soon as it is ready!

Have a lovely day :sunflower:

2 Likes

Hi @charlotte1! Thank you very much for your message and for all of your help, it is very kind of you! That is great, i wasn’t sure as i see in my profile that it says ‘Kato translator’ instead of the ‘get verified button’… but maybe iam wrong! Thank you very much again for your help Charlotte, i really appreciate it, have a lovely day! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hi @elissa.cosby

That’s no problem!

If your tests are approved then you will see ‘Kato Verified Translator’ where it currently says ‘Kato Translator’. And of course, we’ll let you know once we have your results too :smiley:

3 Likes