Community Recognition Program

Hi community!
May I also ask for a reference letter? :innocent:
Thank you all for your great work and for letting me be part of it. I have learnt a lot since joining TWB :smiley:
Happy translating!

2 Likes

Hi @Claudia thanks for reaching out!

I would be more than happy to put together a reference letter for you! :blush:
The letter will include your word count, the date you joined TWB and the NGOs partners youā€™ve contributed to; I will send it to you within a week, does it sound good to you?

Thank you Claudia for your truly amazing support :star_struck:

2 Likes

Hi @Silvia_Mauri!

ThatĀ“s perfect por me! Could it also state the QA Analysis and Lexiqa tasks I have completed?

Thank you so much! Have a great day :smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Claudia yes, thatā€™s absolutely possible :wink:

3 Likes

Hello lovely admins :blush: Iā€™d like to request a reference letter! Thank you in advance :partying_face:
@Silvia_Mauri / @JoannaW

1 Like

Hi @ambra,
A fellow volunteer has just asked me about certifications and I sent him/her the link to this thread. Cuold you confirm that there are changes to this program? So many thanks in advance. L

1 Like

Hi Laura, yes absolutely, it will be ready next Tuesday if thatā€™s ok :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello! The program hasnā€™t changed so far, so we still provide reference letters and recognition on public platform. Is this what you meant? Thank you for helping your fellow volunteer!

2 Likes

Perfect, thank you so much! :heart_eyes: :penguin:

2 Likes

Hi @ambra,
I meant about the ā€œbe featuredā€ opportunity when you reach 100,000 donated words. Any change about it?
L

1 Like

Hi, thanks for clarifying. No, no changes about that. And 100,000 words is just indicative, thereā€™s flexibility with that threshold.

2 Likes

Hi @ambra! Would it be possible to mention that I am verified for the French > English language pair? Thank you so much and Merry Christmas / Happy Hannukah / Happy Holidays!

3 Likes

Hi Laura, absolutely, we always include that info in the reference letter when applicable :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah I have already taken the test and get tasks thanks a lot
But I wanna ask you Is there a certificate or anything can prove that I have translation experience at this website or not?

Hi @nada.nasser9500, thanks for your message :slight_smile:

I moved it here under this thread as I believe youā€™ll find it useful! Above in this thread, you can learn more about our recognition programs :medal_sports:

Thanks for your support, Nada! Do let us know if you have any questions :blush:

2 Likes

Hello dear Transwibers :yum:!
Wow! :sweat_smile:
Either I didnā€™t understand :thinking: orā€¦ Anyway, Iā€™d like to know what reference requires a minimum of 1, 000 words, I think, @ambra made mention of in a recent post.
Also, can someone tell me what minimum of words he/she would advise me to reach before requesting a reference letter and what purpose for?

1 Like

Good afternoon, @lelimier128 :sun_with_face:

You are eligible for a reference letter request if you have contributed a minimum of 20,000 words to TWB. (You can read a bit more about the KatĆ³ Translators Recognition Program here.) The purpose of a reference letter is to recognize your work and skills. It is useful when you apply to jobs, for example.

1,000 words is the minimum contribution to ask for a written confirmation that you volunteered with TWB, as our kind Ambra explained above:

I hope this helps. :wink:

Have a great day, Asaph. :hibiscus: :leaves:

6 Likes

Itā€™s more clear to my mind.

Thanks a bunch for your explanation!

Have a great day too, Andreia. :grin:

2 Likes

If I translate 20.000 words then ask for a reference letter and get it, will you give me another one in case I translate more and ask for an updated one?

3 Likes

Hello Lamine,

as far as I know, yes, you can ask for more reference letters if you need updated ones, although it may take some time.

You can send a request at: translators@translatorswithoutborders.org

Source: Announcing Translators without Borders' KatĆ³ Translators Recognition Program - Translators without Borders

I hope youā€™re having a great day!

Sifat

6 Likes