Arabic glossary and terminology discussion

OK the context is clear, please use “سلسلة الإمداد” as there is no reference to caravans or convoys of supplies here.
Thank you for your work!

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for your help :blush::blush:

2 Likes

‘Feedback’

Context: Leadership Development training for managers

I started out the document translating ‘feedback’ as ملاحظات, but as I progress, the usage is becoming a lot more specific than to be covered by ملاحظات. I don’t feel that تغذية مرتجعة/مرتدة or any تغذية are contextually appropriate. Am I wrong? Should I be using these? Alternatives: أثر مرتد/مرتجع/رجوعي، مردود الملاحظة، رد الأثر.

Help? Thank you!

4 Likes

Hello Karina,

I guess that it’s better to use the word “ملاحظات” when it feels right. However, could you provide some examples of the contexts your talking about? May be we can find more specific translation for it.

2 Likes

Thanks, Aya! Well, initially it was along the lines of feedback is very helpful, provide and receive feedback, but then it got more conceptual; feedback culture (which I’ve translated for now as ثقافة تبادل الملاحظات, what feedback do you need to support you in your development, and so on. I don’t hate ملاحظات, but I do feel it’s not perfectly accurate and perhaps a bit too vague as well.

3 Likes

I see. Well, I’m tagging @Muhannad may be he can help you with it :blush:

3 Likes

Hi everyone,
Thank you for tagging me @Aya_Alrifai!
@karina.zidan, thank you for taking the time to write about this. Feedback can be a tricky word when you try to translate it into Arabic. After all it might refer to more than one thing.
While the translation “ملاحظات” can work, there are alternatives such as “تقييم” or “تعقيب”. I think it would be better if you use “تعقيب” because if you come across “notes” or “evaluation”, you will have to use “ملاحظات” and “تقييم” respectively.
Hope this helps!

7 Likes

Alternatively, “feedback” could also be translated as “تعليقات”. But to me, “ملاحظات” is by far the best.

Best regards!

3 Likes

ممكن آراء حسب السياق

5 Likes

Maybe الإفادة المرتجعة/تلقي الرأي في الأداء/تلقيم استرجاعي/ردود فعل can help too.

5 Likes

Hi, I believe a closer/better translation, and it is well used and understood for what the word is used for in English, would be “تغذية راجعة”, it is totally fine. Good luck :slight_smile: !

1 Like

طبعا، إنه كما قلت… ولكن اقتراح @Muhannad أحسن فيما أرى. والله أعلم.

:wave: Hi @Mam,
I respect your opinion, but “تغذية راجعة” is - at least from what I witnessed - is used in an Arabic context talking, where no translation is involved. It is a spoken term. Good luck! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay, I got it. Thanks a lot for more clarification.

2 Likes

@Mam Welcome bro :heart_decoration:!

1 Like

Hi everyone,
How can I translate the word BPOCs into arabic.
Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Chaima, :cherry_blossom:

Welcome to the community! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

If you struggle finding out what such acronyms mean, you can post a question on the thread specific to the project you are working on, and the Project Officer will get back to you with the answer. Here is a video tutorial to learn how to find it.

4 Likes

Hello,
What is the best way to translate “Network Analyst geoprocessing tooltips”.
The level required from me is very professional
Thanks in advance and much appreciation of what you’re doing here

2 Likes

Hello @Chaima and @higheranarchy :wave: First of all, welcome to the TWB community :sunny:

Thank you both for reaching out to us! Let’s hear from @Muhannad I am sure he will be able to assist you :blush:

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

@Chaima and @higheranarchy, could you please provide the context (sentence) in which the terms or acronyms you are referring to occur? It will help us help you find the correct translation.

Thank you for your hard work!

4 Likes