"Warning - this section hasn't been assigned to you"

Currently translating a document - however I have reached a point where when I press “Translate” to proceed, it comes up with a notification that says “Warning - this section hasn’t been assigned to you”. I have noticed that I can’t click on or translate any segments beynd this point,and that the remaining segments have all been filled in with machine translations. Any advice?!

Hi @Sophia1, thank you for reaching out! Our project managers often split larger projects into smaller chunks to make them easier for our volunteers to work on and finish. I see that the task you’re working on is Chunk 0, meaning it’s at the very beginning of the project as a whole, so it’s normal that you’re not able to access the part of the project after your chunk.

I also wanted to let you know that each project has its own forum topic on TWB Community, where you can post questions and often get help from the PMs or other translators more quickly. The TWB Community topic for this specific project is here, but in general, you can find it by going to your Claimed Tasks on TWB Platform, then clicking “Discuss this task on TWB Community” next to the task you have a question about.

Once you’ve finished with this task, make sure to submit it by following the instructions in this tutorial.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any other questions! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your help :smile:

1 Like