Timely Communication - I am unable to submit my task on time, what should I do?

Working on an urgent file and suddenly your PC stops working. Or your internet goes down. You try a few tricks you know to coax your PC to life or wait a few hours for internet to be up. But soon you realize you are not going to be able to complete the file on time…What to do?

In those cases, get in touch with your PM and alert them about the situation. Don’t hesitate to contact them as soon as something out of ordinary happens that may make it difficult for you to finish the task on time. This is very important, especially in the case of humanitarian translation where time is a critical factor.

Choose the most convenient channel for you; a quick mail (if you are not sure who your PM is, you can email translators@translatorswithoutborders.org), or a message on the task page, use a friend’s phone if your internet connection is down, etc. PMs will really appreciate your effort because if they are informed, they can prepare a backup plan and alert nonprofit partners about possible delays.

If your task is on Kató Platform please refer to the article Deadlines on Kató Platform for more information.

:rotating_light:When translators register to work with TWB, they also agree to the Translator Code of Conduct and commit to deliver the highest standard of professional translations. ​They also commit to only undertake work they are competent to perform in the languages and subject areas for which they are qualified. :rotating_light:

Happy translating!

8 Likes

@Gloria Hello. Thanks for your pretty interesting post.
Sincerely,
Ahmad

1 Like