The Translator badge on the TWB Platform

Hi team!
I am having exactly the same problem. Today my word count which was over 5000 words yesterday has suddenly disappeared and is now showing 0 words. Can you please help? Thanks!

Hey, @Loly I reckon that TWB badge has been given up the ghost for this moment. In platform, all over the translators have same problem of a sort while I see. Donā€™t be worried about that, from my point of view everything will be fine from your profile and my profile et. al.

Have A Lovely Weekends

3 Likes

Hi @serhanb, thanks for your response! yes, indeed, Iā€™m sure all will be sorted soon, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Hello, IĀ“ve completed a few tasks over the past couple weeks, but my word count still says 0.

1 Like

Hey @giselleferraiolo, I hope all goes well. By the way, everything is back. Can you check your profile again?
Have A Lovely Weekends

2 Likes

@serhanb, @Loly and @giselleferraiolo thank you for checking up on this! As Serhan has correctly noticed, the badge is now back up and running :muscle: thank you all so much for supporting each other! :heart:

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: FRDRCParticipant022DRC

Hi, Iā€™ve recently joined TWB and have completed a couple of tasks. However, Iā€™m having trouble getting my translatorā€™s badge to show on my ProZ profile. Iā€™ve followed the instructions from the original post in this thread but for some reason it doesnā€™t seem to be working. Can anyone help? Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @hayleycweston and welcome!
Have you used the following instructions?

Those are the instructions I followed and it works.
Have a lovely evening!

1 Like

Yes, I tried with spaces and without spaces. No joy.

2 Likes

@hayleycweston I remember having a similar problem and I think I went to my ProZ profile, clicked on edit bio and manually uploaded my badge, same as you would add a picture and / or a link in your reply on this forum.
:thinking:
BTW mine simply used to display the HTML code rather than the actual badge

2 Likes

Hi @hayleycweston @faretto5 and @soke35 :wave:

Thanks for helping fellow translators out :star_struck:

I hope this advice works for you and youā€™ll be able to upload the TWB badge to your Proz profile, Hayley!

3 Likes

Thanks, yeah Iā€™m having the same problem. My bio just displays the code. Iā€™ve pasted the image for now. I hope ProZ will fix this.

4 Likes

Hello,

I am new here, and I have completed a new task yesterday (translation), but today in my profile there is still ā€œ0 words donatedā€. Can you help me please? I have translated about 1500 words.
Also, can I ask what happens if I take a task, which had a deadline (and it is already expired). How much time do I have for doing this? And the last question is, if there is a chunk of the text, which needs translation and revision and the deadlines are until the same day. If I take a revision only, and the text is not translated yet. It means I will be not able to revise it on time. What happens then? Will I be somehow ā€œpunishedā€? :smiley: I mean will I loose a ā€œtrustedā€ badge or sth.? :slight_smile: I am sorry for so many questions :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi there
The badge usually updates within 24 hrs and also in your case I suggest you wait at least until Monday since itā€™s the weekend
Hope this helps with your first question
:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi @Rose.Marie

Welcome in TWB community!

Regarding the first question, I totally agree with @soke35!
Regarding the second question, If you claimed a revision task and itā€™s not translated yet, you will wait until the task be submitted as complete! Then, usually, you will receive a message via email says that the task is ready for revision or something similar. Definitely, you will have time to revise the task and it will not be as the same deadline for the translation! :grinning: :grinning: Some tasks are overdue or their deadlines passed, in this case the project manger will extend the deadline one or two days. (it depends on the project if itā€™s a small project or big one). Last point, You will not be ā€œpunishedā€ :grinning: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: but always tell your PM through the thread which related to each task if you have any issue! Donā€™t worry, they are very cooperative and will not hesitate to help you.

I hope this helps!

Have a great day @Rose.Marie and @soke35

Kind regards,
Dalia

5 Likes

Hi,

@soke35 and @Dalia1, thank you so much! :heartpulse:
Itā€™s so cool to be a part of such a helpful community! :+1::woman_cartwheeling:

4 Likes

Most welcome! @Rose.Marie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hello @Rose.Marie, thanks for reaching out, these are all very good questions! :innocent:

I confirm what @soke35 and @Dalia1 suggested, thanks for this nice exchange and for supporting your fellow translators! :star2: :star2:

If you see that you need extra time to complete a task, or you have a question or comment about the task you are working on, you can leave a message in the relative project thread in Kato Community (instructions here), so that the Project Manager will be notified and theyā€™ll be able to assist you :nerd_face:

You can also find very useful information to get started with us in our Translatorā€™s Toolkit :wink:

4 Likes