Saving Segment Error in Memsource

It’s happened to me twice now where I’ll be working on a task and then I suddenly get an error message displaying
“Saving segment #xx on the server has failed.”

The second time this happened, it happened to 3 segments.

I have reached out to Memsource via their “contact us” button.

The feedback I’ve received so far was that it could happen when there is a limited connection to their servers.

They advised to try the following:

1.Try opening the task in a different browser (I’ve tried refreshing the page, opening a new tab, and even opening a new window using the same browser before trying a new browser with no success but maybe you’ll get lucky :smiley: )

2.Download the Bilingual MXLIFF file, open it in the Editor for Desktop and confirm it there.

I hope this helps someone out there.

Personally, I had to wait hours for it to fix itself, but I know that’s not always possible with the deadlines.

I’d definitely recommend posting on the task discussion page after trying these and hopefully the PM will follow up with other options.

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing this @Precilias

I’m sure it’ll be really useful for other volunteers too :star_struck: :star2:

2 Likes

Hello:

There is no way I can save the finished work without the segment error.
I don’t know what to do and my deadline is today.

Hi @Nicte and thank you for reaching out! :star2:

I can see that there are 5 unsaved segments (53, 55, 57, 59, 61) which are similar in their source text. I added the translation and saved the segments on your behalf :innocent:

If you’d like to change the and it doesn’t work again, please let me know what translation you’d like to include so I change it again for you :innocent:

Hello, I’m having the exact same problem with my memsource and my deadline is today, I’ve tried all things mentioned before in this topic and nothing resolved, I have no idea what I should do to fix it.