Revision Tasks

Hi. I’ve been translating tasks for a few months now and am really enjoying it. I see that there are lots of revision tasks out there but I’m hesitating to claim them as I don’t know exactly what is required by TWB. I’ve searched on this Q&A platform but haven’t found the answer I need. Can anyone help / advise?
Thanks in advance
Sarah

1 Like

Hi Sarah and thank you for the very interesting and valid question.
I am definitely not the expert in the field, so I am tagging my colleague @Manuel, our Quality and Process Coordinator, who might want to give you a more detailed answer.
From my side, I would say that a revision should catch the flaws that have gone unnoticed in the translation step, improve consistency of the translation, make it sound as natural as possible, and make sure that the message is delivered in the clearest possible way.
This step shouldn’t involve in any case the revision of unedited machine translation or re-translation of the whole text. If you ever find yourself in a similar situation, please inform the PM.
I agree that we should give volunteers more structured definitions or guidelines about what revision entails, and this is definitely something Manuel and I are working on :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you. I look forward to hearing from Manuel. I just want to get things right!
Kind regards
Sarah

1 Like

Hi Sarah!

Thank you for reaching out about this :slight_smile: It’s a pleasure to meet you! As Ambra mentioned, we’re working on this to get the new Quality Strategy implemented as soon as possible.

I have literally just created three threads in the Quality section of the forum that you might find interesting:

Have a look at these and let me know what you think! In the next couple of days, the platform will change a bit to accommodate this new error typology. But we’ll be doing more comms when that happens!

All the best,
Manuel.

3 Likes

Thank you, Manuel. Really useful stuff - especially the second and third articles. Thank you. How does a translator know if they have feedback / access feedback?
Sarah

Hi Sarah, you can check this thread, I hope it answers your question: