Problems with accessing the platform

Yes, correct @Linxochitl

1 Like

Hi @Linxochitl! That’s a very good question. Although the two platforms are similar in many ways, the Workspace is kindly provided by ProZ.com while Kató Platform is managed by TWB and is used only for humanitarian and volunteer translations. Unfortunately, they are not integrated with each other, which is why you may have noticed that your word count for tasks you’ve completed on each platform are kept separate. It is also for this reason that translation and revision tasks can only be completed using the platform where you claimed them.

We are currently working to merge the two platforms so that everything (profiles, tasks, word counts, etc.) is accessible on a single platform, and we hope that this will simplify things for our wonderful volunteers. :star2:

2 Likes

Hi Olivia!

Thank you so much for your detailed reply, and after a little more poking around in the forums, I realize this is a question that has been asked so, so many times :see_no_evil::speak_no_evil: Thank you for patiently explaining again! :smiley:

1 Like

No worries at all, @Linxochitl! I’m happy to do it :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi all,
Good evening.

Problems between my antivirus and Google Chrome. I can see it fighting against while I work directly on the platform, my computer works all the time in the background, This is one of the reasons I do not like this new system.
Can anybody help please.
Thank you.
Natalia Sarmento.

Hi @nataliatraductions, can you please send us a screenshot of the problem you are facing?

Is it similar to the image below?

If yes, please ignore the warning. Go to ADVANCED and then proceed to the website. Is a known issue and is being fixed. If not, please send us a screenshot.

Hello, I hope that you are doing well and staying healthy. For some reason, Kato TM platform is taking longer than expected to load, and the page that I had open with the platform would not allow me to save my translations.

1 Like

Hello all,
I’m having the same problem… I was working on a translation and suddenly the page wouldn’t save my translations.

1 Like

in fact the platform won’t load anymore

Hi @jeon.ek and @Pablo_Sanchez !

Thanks for reporting this. I’ve notified the tech team and we’re looking into it :slight_smile:

(Welcome to Kató Community, Pablo!)

2 Likes

Hi,
I was working on a project due in about an hour and a half. I was almost done with it but haven’t completed the translation. Should I ask for an extension just in case?

1 Like

Hi,
Same thing here. I can get to claimed tasks, but once I click on the “translate using Kato TM” button, it just keeps on waiting. Is there maybe maintenance going on?

1 Like

I’ll not be able to finish my first task :sob::sob:

1 Like

Bare with us, team :slight_smile: We’re on it! News here soon

2 Likes

@Pablo_Sanchez @AnaP @Ranishta @jeon.ek better now? :slight_smile: It should be working!

3 Likes

Yeah!
Thanks!
Going back to work right away

1 Like

Yes!!! The platform is back and the TM is working as well! Thank you!

1 Like

Yes! Thanks Manuel!
Keep safe and healthy all!

Err… Actually, the TM is not working now and I’m back to refreshing the page everytime I want to save a translated segment. I need to copy the translation before refreshing the page and paste it back before confirming it.

Edit: It’s not working again! :sob:

1 Like

@Manuel My TM is working now. Thank you very much!