New to TWB?

Hi @pilatorraca,
thank you for reaching out and welcome to the TWB community! Everything is fine. You just need to be patient and keep an eye out :eyes:
Have a nice morning or rest of the day/night.
:boom:

2 Likes

Hi @pilatorraca

Welcome to the TWB Community :hugs:

As the kind @faretto5 said, if you can’t see any tasks on the homepage, then it simply means that there aren’t any tasks currently available in your language pairs!

But don’t worry because we post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye on the homepage :eyes:

I hope you’ll be able to find an interesting task to work on soon, Maria! Let us know if you have any other questions :smiley:

6 Likes

Perfect!!thank you for your reply :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks to you too!!I will keep an eye on the homepage :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi! I’m sorry for using this created topic but I need help!

Today I signed up as a volunteer, but I am not able to visualize any task to carry out the translation, and I don’t know what I have to do

2 Likes

Hi @heinrickprofeta

Firstly, welcome to TWB! It’s great to have you join the community :smiley:

You can use any of the relevant threads to ask questions!

To get started, I would recommend that you take a look at the Translator’s Toolkit that has lots of useful information including tutorials on How to find and claim tasks and How to use Kató TM :toolbox: :hammer_and_wrench:

3 Likes

Hello there,
I had claimed several tasks before, but I didn’t receive any feedback,

Hi @lubna-shurrab , :raising_hand_woman:

Leaving feedback on translation tasks is not obligatory, so you will find so many translation tasks had been reviewed without any feedback, but you are always welcome to download the Revised version for each task you’ve completed :white_check_mark:

Have a great day! :dizzy: :sparkles:

Best regards. Lilav

1 Like

Oh I see,
How I can download the revised version of my tasks?

Hi @lubna-shurrab,

Here are a few steps, you can go to (Claimed Tasks) on your account page and select (Complete) in the (Task Status) menu. There you will see the blue button :blue_square: (Download the Revised version) so you can download and check the revised version for each task you’ve completed.

Hope this is helpful! :blush:

Best regards. Lilav.

1 Like

Ok, thank you so much for your quick help, I appreciate it so much.

2 Likes

Hi , I’m new here, so I don’t understand most of things. And I’m still student of translation in college . I hope that I can get useful help …

Thank you.

Hi @rodaina2021 and welcome to TWB! :tada:

We’re happy to have you join us, and you’re welcome to reach out if you have any questions :question:

Firstly, you’ll need to set the language pair in your profile correctly to have access to tasks, so Making it “English to Arabic” instead of “English to English” :dizzy:

After that, you can refer to our Translator’s Manual for a comprehensive explanation on our workflow :notebook_with_decorative_cover:

I hope this helps! :sunflower:

Comment nous pouvons m’aider à terminé mon profil.
Chaque que j’ai cliqué sur la langue maternelle, je ne peux pas retrouvé ma langue, il m’a dit que la n’a pas pris en charge.

Bonjour,

Je te conseille d’envoyer ton message en anglais si tu veux recevoir une reponse.

Cordialement

Sandrine

1 Like

How we can help me complete my profile.
Every time i clicked on the native language, i can’t find my language back, it told me that the did not support.

Hi @guerrierhollandais and welcome to our community!

I’m sorry you were struggling to complete your profile, I checked your profile and everything worked fine from my end. I added random selections to help you have your profile completed, please refer to your profile to apply the necessary changes. If it still doesn’t work, please send us an email to translators@translatorswithoutborders.org so we can follow up with you :blush:

Hello! I think I’ve completed my profile but I still can’t access tasks (as it’s always empty everytime I check) and also I can’t find my language (Indonesian) as the target language :frowning: and also what does it mean if I see a padlock icon besides a project? Could anyone enlighten me about these issues? I’d appreciate that very much :smile:

Hi @intanindira96 and thank you for joining our Community! :hugs:

I’m sorry to hear that you haven’t had access to tasks recently. Keep in mind that the availability of tasks varies from time to time, depending on our partners’ needs. We recommend regularly checking the homepage - new tasks can be posted in any minute. If you don’t find tasks when you check the homepage, this is only because no tasks are available at the time you are looking. If a language does not appear on the dropdown list, it means that there are no tasks for that language at the moment :relaxed:

However, there are a couple of things you can do to make sure that everything is in order:

• Go to the homepage and then click on “profile” on the upper bar. You will have to be logged-in to be able to see your profile.
  • Click on the orange button “edit profile details” on the left.
  • Click on “next” (you don’t need to edit anything on the first page).
  • On the second page, Language and Professional Information, please check that:
  1. You have listed your combinations correctly. For example, if your native language is Spanish, and you also speak English, your language combinations should be English (source) to Spanish (target).
  2. You have already selected “Daily” to the question How often do you want to receive tasks availability email

Once you are ready, you can click on “next”, and then on “complete”. In this way, you will receive a notification every day that a new project for your language combinations is available. Notifications about new projects are sent to many users for the same language and they work on a first-come-first-served basis, so you want to be quick in claiming the task! :wink:

Thank you so much, Eleonora! I did all of the things above :slight_smile: hopefully there’ll be more project in my language pair soon!

1 Like