Name visible in translation memory

Hi everyone, today I completed my first translation task since Memsource was introduced. I noticed that my full name is visible on the “modified line” in the CAT section. I would like to know if there is a way to hide my personal details from the TM.
Thanks,
Giulia

1 Like

Hi @Giulia and thank you for reaching out :dizzy:

It’s right that when a translator works on a task, they will say their name on the upper bar of Memsource URL :eyes: This is because every profile on TWB Platform is connected to an account on Memsource, which has the same user name of the translator :+1:

When you complete your translation and submit it, your name will no longer appear on Memsource :x: it only stays in our database so we know who worked on which task :desktop_computer:

Hope this makes sense :smiley: Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions :innocent:

2 Likes

Hi @Aya.Alrifai and thank you for you answer :slightly_smiling_face:

However, I can see the name of other translators who worked on segments which are in the translation memory. Could you clarify this, please?

1 Like

Yes, you’re right :+1: I meant to talk about the upper bar. If you look at other segments, you may find the names of other translators who worked on the same project.

However, The Memsource URLs are only accessible for admins and translators who contributed to the same project :desktop_computer: And often when the project work is done, all the tasks are archived

We hope that you have no problem while your name is temporarily visible on Memsource :blush:

Hope you find my answer helpful, please let us know if you have any questions :innocent: