They say a picture is worth a thousand words so we’re bringing you, our wonderful community of wordsmiths, photo contest to see if that’s true!
The theme for our first edition will be “mother tongue”. The aim is to send us a photo that conveys this theme, for example a baby trying to communicate with his/her mother, a traffic sign with your hometown’s name in your language, a landscape or image that reflects a word typical of your native language… what images does the term “mother tongue” conjure up within you?
- Each translator can post one photo maximum that reflects the theme “mother tongue” (staff members are not allowed to take part).
- Your entry must be an original photograph owned by you.
- Offensive photos will be deleted.
- 1 like () will equal 1 vote. Staff members are allowed to vote.
- The contest will run for 1 month from September 24th to October 24th.
- The winner will be the photo with most likes.
- The winner will have to be an active volunteer and have translated for TWB by October 26th. This means they must have finished at least one task by then.
- You are the owner of the image and have the right to publish/use it. In addition, by submitting a photo/picture you grant TWB permission to publish your image on its website and/or promotional material.
- Participating in the contest means you accept these terms and conditions.
- The winner will receive a TWB-branded item.
- The winning photo will be posted on TWB social media (with translator’s permission)
Here’s an example of a possible photo entry for the contest:
Why? For me, this traditional white village, with its cozy bars and hand-written menu boards reminds me of the flavour of Spanish we speak in my hometown.