How to preview the source document?

Would you like to see the task before accepting it? :face_with_monocle: Here’s how to do it :arrow_down:

When you click on the title of the task available it leads you to the page where you can accept the task, through the “Claim Task” button. If you scroll down on that page you should be able to see the source document preview, if it is available. :nerd_face:

You can also ask questions about the project on its specific Kató Community thread. :video_camera: We have a video tutorial showing where to find it.

1 Like

Hello,

Can I view a document before accepting it as a translation project? I can’t see any way of doing this.

Thanks,

Vivien

@Vivien, thank you for your question and sorry for our late reply! When you click on the title of the task available it leads you to the page where you can accept the task, through the “Claim Task” button. If you scroll down on that page you should be able to see the source document preview, if it it available. You can also ask questions about the project on its specific Kató Community thread, that you will find on the same page.

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all ok. I need some help since things seem to have changed here. After clicking on the task to be done, clicking on the “claim task” button on the right side of the page, I do not have any more the possibility to open the document before deciding to accept it or not. So, my question is: how to open the source document?

Thank you very much for your help.

Kindest regards.

Natalia Sarmento.

2 Likes

Hello @nataliatraductions,
Thank you for your question. As you see in the following photo, whenever you claim the task, you can click on the third item (circled) and download the source file.
Sincerely,
Ahmad

3 Likes

Hello @nataliatraductions and thanks a lot for posting your question. @Ahmad, you’re amazing at supporting your fellow translators!

If you have more questions, please do not hesitate to ask

2 Likes

Thank you @ambra .That’s very kind of you :blush:.

2 Likes

Hello, I accepted a task from English to Arabic. But when i opened the task i found it in Spanish. Can you please help me with this.

Kind Regards,

Hi Rana, I can see that you already posted this query in the project’s thread, the PO should get back to you soon. :slight_smile: