How to become a TWB Verified Translator?

Hi @musevenifreddy001, thanks for your message, that’s a good question :slight_smile:

I can only confirm what the kind @Lilav_Alarashi mentioned, she is right on all accounts :star2:

I am sorry you haven’t received many reviews yet - as Lilav said, we always encourage our volunteer translators to leave feedback on the translations they review, so I hope you’ll receive some in the future.

Thank you for your support, Museveni :pray:

2 Likes

Hi @soke35, that’s a good point! :+1:

All reviewers receive an email inviting them to leave feedback on the translation reviewed, but we could definitely take into consideration a different kind of communicating this :slight_smile:

Thanks for your input! :star:

3 Likes

Hi everyone, as you can see I have a high score. Can I now become a verified translator? And how is it done?

you said

i have a warning saying I’m not authorized to view the task each time i try to do a task and i don’t have any certification from the organizations you have mentioned. what should i do?

1 Like

Same problem here … I wish there will be a solition for this!

Hello @mariem.ichentane, I am sorry you were not able to access many tasks recently. I had a look at your profile, and everything looks good to me!

You should be able to access most tasks in your language pair - you can find all our available tasks from our homepage here :house:

I see you also signed up to receive daily notifications - you’ll receive a daily recap of all available tasks in your languge pairs :slight_smile:

To have more chances to be the first to claim a task, I suggest keeping an eye on the homepage :eyes:

Thanks for your support, Mariem - let us know if you have any questions :white_flower:

1 Like

Hi @bryaribrahim20, thanks for your message!

As mentioned in the thread description above :top:, our general criteria state that to become verified, translators should receive approximately 6 task reviews, with an average mark of 3.5 or above (out of 5). Your score is really good, but it’s based on one review only.

We regularly check our volunteer translators’ eligibility to become verified, so we’ll surely reach out to you as soon as you qualify to become verified :blush:

Thanks a lot for your support and let us know if you have further questions :pray:

3 Likes

@Silvia_Mauri thank you

1 Like

I did my two tests from German and English to Italian and never received a feedback .

Hi @vanessabottero,

We are very sorry that it wasn’t possible for us to deliver feedback on your tests :white_flag:. We send you an email :email: a couple days ago to give you more information on it.

I hope that helps.

Jessie

1 Like

Hi everyone, I hope you are well :blush:

I just wondered if I could ask you as I completed a test to become verified for my Spanish into English language pair a few months ago in March, I wondered if there was any news about this test, or whether it may still be valid?

Thank you very much for all of your help, I really appreciate it :tulip:

Best wishes

2 Likes

Hi @elissa.cosby :white_flower:

We know that the vereification tesets were done months ago, but the number of tests in the language pairs EN<>ES is quite high :1234: :confused: we are doing our best to clear this backlog and verify the translators, hopefully we can do it soon :pray: we will let you know as soon as your test is revised :innocent:

Thank you for understanding :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Hi @Aya.Alrifai :tulip:

Thank you very much for your message, that’s no problem at all! I understand there is a backlog, no problem! Thank you again for all of your help, have a lovely day :tulip: :star_struck:

Best wishes

2 Likes

Hi everyone here and hope you are all well.
I registered as a volunteer a few days ago and completed the only task I had access to. What should I do if I need some other translators to review and rank my task so that I can got verified? Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Hi @Janegaojian and welcome to TWB! :tada:

Thanks for working on your first task and for caring about receiving feedback!

When the revision of your translation is complete, you can download the revised version to see the changes made, if any, and check the task reviews to see if you receive feedback. You’ll find the relevant buttons in the task description as you can see in the example below :arrow_down_small:

We always encourage our revisers to leave feedback on the translation work. However, this is not mandatory, so you won’t always receive it :confused: but once you receive positive feedback a few times, we will consider verifying you :smiley:

Hope that I could make it clear to you. Please let us know if you have any questions :dizzy:

2 Likes

Hi!
I’ve just joined TWB recently and I check everyday for tasks and there is nothing at all. I’m wondering if I need to do anything for tasks to appear.

1 Like

Hi @Haj and welcome to TWB!

I checked your profile and made some tiny changes to help you find tasks:

:white_check_mark: I added the language pair English to Arabic (the tasks in this language pair are much more than the ones in Arabic to English :eyes:)

:white_check_mark: I changed your preferences so you receive more emails when tasks are available :wink:

Remember to keep an eye on the homepage as we post tasks all the time, and I’m sure you’ll find something soon :innocent:

I hope this helps! please let me know if you need any help :dizzy:

1 Like

Hello. I received 6 feedbacks for 6 tasks (with over 3.5). Where should I ask to become verified ? Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @AnneLaure

I could see that you did receive very good reviews! :star2: We often do regular checks to verify new translators upon receiving multiple positive feedback. I’ll send you an email next week to let you know what we come up with :wink:

2 Likes

Dear Ambra,
last year I did a translation for a competition of TWB. I think they appointed me as a verified translator, but I don’t have any paper where I can see it and I don’t remember the dates. Could you check it for me? if so, can you send it to me via mail to: isabel.sanllehi@gmail.com
Thank you so much!